• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You sir are crazy. I admire that.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
      You sir are crazy. I admire that.

Crazy is being a slave to the tracker patch and going out to get another 3.7 miles...

120.05 miles total (880 to go.)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

11.0 mile ruck this morning... puts me at 838 more miles to go!

Comment

Ok. I'm going to have to get off my butt and start rucking or something. My weekends usually consist of getting some stuffed jalapenos in the over first thing in the morning, going outside and shooting until they are done and then opening a beer to have with my snacks. All while my wife is at the gym of course. Swampie you're making me feel like a lazy ***.

Dedicated for sure brother. Keep at it!

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
            Ok. I'm going to have to get off my butt and start rucking or something. My weekends usually consist of getting some stuffed jalapenos in the over first thing in the morning, going outside and shooting until they are done and then opening a beer to have with my snacks. All while my wife is at the gym of course. Swampie you're making me feel like a lazy ***.

Dedicated for sure brother. Keep at it!

Richard.

Sounds like your living right to me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

12.01 miles with 50# in the GR0 prepping for the Jailbreak Ruck weight requirement. 50# in the hills of Timberwood Park got heavy quick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9EF9EFFD-9BB1-43C3-8446-B841B190342D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	24527173

Click image for larger version

Name:	CD923D2A-7C4F-46FD-B49B-FCC4331599A9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	24527174
              Last edited by 1369; 01-20-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                12.01 miles with 50# in the GR0 prepping for the Jailbreak Ruck weight requirement. 50# in the hills of Timberwood Park got heavy quick.
                Besides the bridge... baytown is a pancake so I would say you are there buddy .

I lowered to 35# myself as I have been putting in alot of volume and have thrown in some 20# "recovery" rucks. For jailbreak, I will go with the freighter pack with belt... so it shouldn't be nearly as tough as your GR0 loaded at 50. I debated pushing the rush 12 to 50# but just don't think it will work out... that is where having the plates would be handy.

Comment

I hike about 10 miles a week just for exercise. I use a Molle ll large ruck sack. With my usual hammock camping gear it comes in at right under 25 lbs. Headed out now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok I need some help. I walk between 4-7 miles every day it is not raining. I lift as my primary exercise. My walks are not effective as they were a few months ago. I have a backpack I used for elk hunting which it an internal frame pack. Could I just use this pack and put bags of sand in it or would that kinda defeat the purpose with a hip balanced pack like that? If what I have works great but no sense in doing something and not gaining the benefit

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Ok I need some help. I walk between 4-7 miles every day it is not raining. I lift as my primary exercise. My walks are not effective as they were a few months ago. I have a backpack I used for elk hunting which it an internal frame pack. Could I just use this pack and put bags of sand in it or would that kinda defeat the purpose with a hip balanced pack like that? If what I have works great but no sense in doing something and not gaining the benefit
                      IMO opinion not at all. One of the guys training for Bataan has an internal frame Osprey and he uses bags of rice and beans for his weight (Lots of folks do that at Bataan as the food is donated to a local pantry in the area after the event).

Comment

Agree with 1369... a pack is a pack. Adding body weight does what it does... means you have to use more enegry to get from point a to point b.

How you wear your weight can have added benefit ( or detiment) to your body. This is where loading comes into play.

I am rucked up... I have different bags for different workouts. Lighter school bag for recovery rucks. External frame for heavy rucks (weight to hips) and a technical bag for midweight rucks.

Comment

Just got back from 7 miles. Heart rate never got above 120. I was walking almost the pace of one of those pro mall walkers. What type of increase will adding 40# and walking same basic pace? I’m just trying to make most of my time

Comment

Just got back from 7 miles. Heart rate never got above 120. I was walking almost the pace of one of those pro mall walkers. What type of increase will adding 40# and walking same basic pace? I’m just trying to make most of my time
                            HRMs are for cyclists and runners. Trust me, I wore one for years as a competitive cyclists. The HRM exists and is good for alot of things... but is just one "sensor" in a sea of sensors that help you train your body. Like cycling, rucking won't give you everything you want. There are elements that an HRM cant measure for you. For instance... Watts would be more appropriate.

Comment

Swamp- my main training is weightlifting. I am trying to just add some intensity to my walking. I’m trying to also get benefits from sustained elevated heart rates. I would think adding 40# 80# of weight to walk with would accomplish this just not sure what to expect. I’m 604” and 245#. I figure if I could add 10-15 to my heart rate walking the. My 90 minutes of walking would be more productive.

Comment

Swamp- my main training is weightlifting. I am trying to just add some intensity to my walking. I’m trying to also get benefits from sustained elevated heart rates. I would think adding 40# 80# of weight to walk with would accomplish this just not sure what to expect. I’m 604” and 245#. I figure if I could add 10-15 to my heart rate walking the. My 90 minutes of walking would be more productive.
                                My opinion.... for HR/cardio increase, I would look elsewhere. A bike is your friend. Get an offroad bike so you don't have to up your speed for incremental gains.

Adding heavy weight and increasing pace to develop cardio isn't as effecient and has, as others have pointed out... injury risk.

When I was a slave to my HRM... i rarely walked.

BTW... studies show that sex is good for the heart... but I am here to tell you that if you happened to look at your HRM data afterwards, you would be dissapointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X