2 First Time Dreams Made True!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 First Time Dreams Made True!!!

First off I want to thank my good friend David "DUKFVR" and his wife Lisa for making this all possible. David and Lisa have been inviting us to come up the past few years to there place in San Saba. This year with my Grandson reaching the age of 8 and he has had a year getting familiar with his rifle I decided to take David and Lisa up on their generous offer.

David set my Grandson and myself up in one of their blinds. Prior we discussed what to shoot and not shoot. My Grandson and I saw this deer the first evening, but I was still skeptical and didn't want to mess up, so we passed. I took some pictures and showed David and Lisa that evening. The Boss Lady gave Lil Man the green light.

The next morning we set out after the 8 point or some of the 6 points that they said frequent the stand. It was slow that morning and only saw 3 deer for a brief time. That evening we went back to same stand. About 20 minutes later the 8 point showed up. I got Landen set up. After awhile the deer got broadside and I told Landen to shoot when he is ready. He got all situated and settled in for the shot. Then Landen turns around and lifts his ear muff and says Baw Baw let me know when you what me to shoot....LOL. I was nervous as all get out and told him the deer is still broadside and to shoot when he is ready and that I would stop him if I didn't want him to shoot.

He settled back in and made a perfect 75 yard heart shot. I was watching with the binoculars and could tell he hit. The deer ran into the brush. He turned with ear to ear grin asking if he got him. I said I believe so. He said he ran I might have missed. I asked Landen did you aim where we discussed and he said yes sir. I told him we will give him awhile. We waited an hour and walked down to where the deer was when he shot. From there I walked in the direction the deer ran. It was a short track the deer traveled about 30 yards. High fives and big hugs took place after that.

Thanks again David and Lisa for making 2 first time dreams come true. Landen shot his first deer and I was fortunate enough to be there to share it with him.

The smile below tells the rest.

Hard at it

One of the views

Deer

Deer

Awesomep

Comment

Nice buck! Congrats!

Comment

Good stuff, congrats

Comment

Daaang the Bay Prairie spoonie mafia strikes again! Good stuff there! Congrats to him and good on you both getting him out there.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Great Write Up & Congrats to Landen & Baw Baw

Comment

Great job. Awesome memory.

Comment

That's what it's all about!!

Comment

Great buck and congrats to all involved!

Comment

That's a great buck Congrats!

Comment

Good stuff right here! Congrats to you both.

Comment

Great stuff there!
                          Congrats

Comment

Heck yeah! Great deer!!!

Comment

Wow! That's a good one! Good for you guys

Comment

Working...
                              X