Done with buying used RV's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done with buying used RV's!

The last new RV I bought was a 2003 Triple Slide 33' Cardinal 5th Wheel. sold it 2 years ago when I sold my 2006 F350 C/C PSD 4x4 with an EXPENSIVE 6.0! I have had 3 used RV's since. One got destroyed by hail, one by a tornado and bought a 99 Holiday Rambler 30' with 1 slide for the money. Put it at the deer lease and now the hot water heater does not work, I have had to replace the shower faucets contraption and now the sink contraption is leaking and you cannot get the lines apart, (brass to brass) and are basically welded together. It has been sitting for over 2 years so moving it should not have affected anything. Just ****** that when sitting and not traveling over roads that crap goes wrong! Fortunately the furnace still works as does the air conditioner, but when it gets really hot, 95+ the air conditioner will throw a breaker and shut the trailer down in the trailer or at the main pole! If I make it thru this season without burning down, freezing or who knows what, I will be looking a 1/2 ton towable new unit!
    Rant over!

I've owned several used RV's and have always had something to work on or replace.
    I have a 2016 that I bought from a friend who never used it. Still had to have things worked on. That's the way RV's are.

Comment

Typical rv issues. Nothing new.
      Mine throws the a/c breaker also. Especially if you try to run anything else while it is struggling to keep the rv cool. I also have a really nice cover built over mine to keep it out of the elements. Still overheats the breakers.

Comment

Same as boats it sounds like. Always something.

Comment

I've owned a few. It's always something. They are all made off crap it's just some crap is more exspensive than other crap. I just go with it. A boat is still cheaper than an RV

Comment

Hopefully my camp will last me until retirement. Once that happens I will live close enough to drive from my home and hunt each day. Or, hunt my place and or the national forest a stones throw away.

Comment

Own a boat and camper if you dare. Always something to work on!!

Comment

Bought a deer lease trailer nine years ago. I had to replace the toilet. If the part is RV specific it is expensive.

Comment

I have an old trailer at my deer lease. “The Mouse House”. To do it over again I would buy a portable small building or cargo box and build it out.

Comment

I can assure you a new one will have something break and or replace as well.

Comment

Guess I’ve been lucky. I’ve bought 2 used ones, both around 10 years old and no major issues whatsoever.

Regardless, still wayyyyyy cheaper than new and not taking that hit on the big value dump they take almost immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                        This... new ones aren't much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                          Yep

Comment

Mice love new camper smell!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              Mice love new camper smell!
                              Tomcat rat bait.
                              You're welcome.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X