Cold Feet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Feet?

I've been fighting cold feet on stand every year and have FINALLY found a solution that seems to work. My feet stay cold because they sweat and the dampness causes them to never warm up. I've tried changing socks right before getting into the stand, using foot powder, putting antiperspirant on my feet, everything, but nothing seemed to work. I finally found a product specifically designed to stop sweating of the feet, and I have to say it works well. So, if you're having trouble with your feet getting damp and causing your sits to be cut short in the cold, I would strongly recommend this - it's called Carpe and sold on Amazon. I bought it on a whim and have to say it works great - been using it for about 2 weeks now and notice a big difference in the dampness of my socks. Just passing along for those that have also faced this issue.

Learned about sock liners on here paired with good wool socks.

Comment

never wear cotton socks hunting! I learned several years ago during duck hunts to just wear one pair of moisture-wicking socks, preferably polyester mixed with Lycra, or similar. And make sure your boots are NOT very tight, will cut off circulation, your feet will sweat and be really cold. Two pair of socks doesn't work when crammed into your normal hunting boot, unless your boots are really huge and there is room for them.
      Good luck!

Comment

Glad you found a solution cold hands and feet are no fun!!

Comment

Thermacell foot warmers work great for me in Ohio and Canada.

Comment

Same issue here, feet sweat causing them to get cold. I found that a liner sock and a good wool sock over that solved all my issues

Comment

Sprinkle cayenne pepper in your socks.

Comment

I’ve got thick wool blend socks (I think) and liners I wear on cold days. Agree about boots being too tight too

Comment

If it is really cold put a zip lock bag or a bread sack over your foot before you put your boots on

Comment

One thing I've noticed, hopefully someone can chime in. During the summer when it's 100 degrees, my feet do not sweat, once it cools off, my feet drip. I use a boot dryer each night so the boots don't get nasty, just wonder why the difference in outside temps.

Comment

I carry an extra pair of real heavy wool blend socks and take my boots off in the blind and put on the extra socks.

Comment

If I’m rifle hunting I’ve taken those boot warmers that go over your boot.. but take you boots off and put your feet straight in the boot warmers with those hand warmer pack things..

Comment

Working...
                        X