Rifle range target stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle range target stands

Can you share some ideas for target stands that you have seen at public rifle ranges? I am in the beginning process of building a new range for our 4-H Rifle team. The land owner may open it to the public on Saturday’s. For 4-H we shot at 50’, and I have pvc pipe in the ground with wood frame target stands that fit down in the pipe. They will hold LTC classes on the range so we will need stands at 3,7 and 15yds. I will also hold NRA sanctioned smallbore matches and will need stands at 50yds, 50m and 100yds. The pvc will work at all the distances, I am just curious what is used at other ranges.

This is what we use

My local range (now closed) had pipes at 100 with 2 x 4s across them, and the black rubbery building panels nailed to them. On the pistol range it is iron pipe set into the ground with angle iron framing that sets into the pipes. Targets stapled to the 100-yd target backer and targets stapled to cardboard and held to the metal frame with clothespins or wedged into the angle which was modified to hold the cardboard. I have an old real estate sign/frame that I cut the coroplast election campaign signs to fit and can take it with me wherever I'm gonna shoot.

Comment

Try this?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I will try and get a pic tomorrow during our 4h small bore practice. Basically the same except we use a front and back railroad tie to sandwhich the target stand.

Comment

I'm a fan of these stands

Comment

Originally posted by SLICK_N_STICKY View Post
            Try this?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
            Now that looks like fun.

Comment

Nice set up. But wouldn’t the wood get shot up? Maybe some metal framing?

Comment

Originally posted by Junogwat View Post
                Nice set up. But wouldn’t the wood get shot up? Maybe some metal framing?
                Not if you hit the intended target.

Comment

Working...
                X