Cops suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cops suck!

Ha, now that I've got your attention, I'd like to share my experience, yesterday, with a Texas State Trooper.

Driving about 80 miles an hour, on I-10 West, between Sealy and Columbus, I heard a slight pop, then a loud hiss; immediately followed by an alarm from my TPMS. I got over as quick as I could, as I'd just had new wheels and tires put on, the day before. My right rear tire was flat. I'm not sure if this was the problem or not, but the only damage I could see was that the entire valve stem was GONE!

Anyway, I started getting the stuff out to put my spare tire on, when I realized that I didn't have an Allen wrench to take the center cap off the new wheel. I got on the phone with Tina, thinking I'd have her bring me one from home. About that time a Texas State Trooper pulled up behind me. He came up, asked me if I was OK and I explained my predicament. He didn't have any tools, but offered to drive me to Columbus, to buy an Allen wrench.

After he ran my license (I'm assuming to make sure I wasn't a bad guy), he let me sit in the front of his cruiser, and took me to the TSC in Columbus where I quickly ran in and got the wrenches, then drove me back to my truck. Then he told me that he would park at a safe distance behind me, with his lights on, to give me some protection from the nutsos drivers. He stayed there until I was done changing the tire, and then helped me get all the crap back in my truck. Before departing, he shook my hand and wished me a good day.

As seen in the news, I really expected to be beat, tazed, or shot ... I mean that's what cops do, right? But Trooper Howard wouldn't be doing any of that, but rather being totally polite and respectful ... returning the exact courtesy that I'd showed him.

I don't know where he lives or even where he's stationed, but if any of you know a nice Texas State Trooper, with the last name of Howard, please extend my gratitude to him, again!

Good Bull !!!!

Comment

Good deal.

Comment

Fiction!

Good job by the Department of Public Safety officer!

Comment

Texastaxi, you got me on that title...was about to get "fired up" lol until I read your post. whew...glad it was all good ! I know there might be " a few bad apples", as there are in any walk of life but I think 99.9 percent are some great folks !!! Course I know most probably would say I'm biased because both my Dad and step-mom retired HPD.

Comment

What you did not get shot or tazed that's surprising......
            Sounds like a great guy

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

That **** title lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Stykbow View Post
                  Texastaxi, you got me on that title...was about to get "fired up" lol until I read your post. whew...glad it was all good ! I know there might be " a few bad apples", as there are in any walk of life but I think 99.9 percent are some great folks !!! Course I know most probably would say I'm biased because both my Dad and step-mom retired HPD.
                  I agree. They're regular people that do a thankless job.

Well, except for that one fat Houston cop named Chew-sumtin-or-other.
                  Hi, Bobby!

Comment

Glad you survived...Surprised you didn't get shot even though you diddendonuffin

Comment

That's good stuff

Comment

Back the Blue! Hopefully everyone will read past the title.

Comment

I'd have tazed you anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            LOL ... I'm not surprised!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              This...
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment