Arizona EZFletch MOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona EZFletch MOD

Do you have an old Arizona EZFletch, that won't work on small, and micro diameter shafts?

Well here ya go. This is a simple/easy mod, that makes the jig work on shafts all the way down to .25" diameter (maybe smaller).

(1) Line the fingers of the jig with duct tape.
    (2) Clamp it up on an arrow shaft to set the tape into the 1/3 round scallops for the shaft alignment.
    (3) Once the tape is set/formed to fit the fingers, then trim away the excess, and slit the tape to match the fletching slits in the fingers of the jig.

TIPS:
    (1) I use the O-Ring for a little extra snug at the base.
    (2) Coat the tape with a thin layer of vaseline when fletching, to keep the glue from sticking where you don't want it to.

Works like a charm.

P.S.
    It still works on large shafts also.

Rick

Cool. I don't have an EZ Fletch for trad feathers just the small one for Blazers. I need to get one.

Comment

I have one have never used it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Neat idea, Rick!

In case one loses the cap for the jig, a Gear Tie can work fine as a compression ring.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

When I first got this old EZFletch shown in my pictures, it was made strictly for vanes. Feathers wouldn't fit down into the slits.

The first mod I ever did on it was to widen the slits for feathers to fit in.
          Little did I know I would be shooting vanes eventually, but it still works great for them too.

Rick

Comment

Good idea!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The reason I want to use the AZEZ is:

I remembered, that the best shooting I ever did in my life was when fletching with the AZEZ, so I wanted to get away from the hard helical my JoJan fletcher puts on the fletching. The AZEZ puts a straight right offset, which is better for clearance of the fletching at pass.

Another good thing about it is, it's quick, and I can just grab it, and fletch up an arrow, or two on a drive by when I want to.

Rick

Comment

I tried one long ago when they first came about.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X