Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a complete pass through. On my finger. With a brad nailer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a complete pass through. On my finger. With a brad nailer.

When I was young I remember my dad (a safety engineer) saying that getting in a hurry and taking shortcuts is the most common cause of injury while using power tools. "Slow down, boy" he'd say, "double and triple check you have everything set up properly before firing that thing up!" That advice, apparently includes checking to make sure you have the right size brads in the nailer. I could have sworn it was loaded with 1/2". Instead, it was loaded with 1 1/2" which was long enough to go through both pieces I was holding, into the pad on the end my left index finger, and out through the center of the fingernail on the other side. It hurt. A lot. Now have a finger still throbbing 12 hours later and swollen up like a sausage. You are never to old to heed your old man's advice!

Ouch.

Pics, etc.

Comment

OUch!! No Bueno!

"You are never too old to heed your old man's advice!" Absolutley right, sir!

Comment

Jerp, man you are old enough to know better. Now, go to your room!

Comment

Ouch! you`re right brother, we must keep on mind all the advices specially when we`re using electric tools, one bad move and dang! tears on our eyes, wish you a quick recovery, sorry but I cannot say painless... that finger must be hurting REAL bad!

Comment

Complete pass through and you are still walking? Nail must have been manufactured by "Rage". I had to say it before someone else did!

Comment

Lol, happens. I hope it feels better. I screwed a screw through the sheetrock and my finger on the other side. . My chair moved and I half fell off hanging by my finger....sucked, especially when I had to reverse it out.

Comment

Been there. I thought it went through the bone. Curved around it.

Comment

"I am getting too old to still be this dumb." ~ Dale Moser

Comment

Good thing you shoot right handed! drawing a trad bow and shooting with that injury on the shooting hand would get your attention in a hurry!

Comment

Well, at least it's not one of your "release" fingers and you can still shoot your bow. Hope you heal up quick!

Comment

You know the drill Jerp. Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Ouch!

I shot a 3/4" staple ALL the way into my finger once. That part didn't even hurt. Having to pull it out with pliers by myself HURT. Had to stand on my hand and YANK to get it out of the bone.

Comment

Aim small miss small.

Hope the pain goes away and it heals quick!

Comment

Originally posted by Txjourneyman View Post
                              Good thing you shoot right handed! drawing a trad bow and shooting with that injury on the shooting hand would get your attention in a hurry!
                              That's the good news. If it had been the right hand I would not be drawing a bow for a while. As sore as it is, I won't have to concentrate on not gripping the bow too tightly either!

Comment

Working...
                              X