Amistad NRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boweye View Post
    Deer aren't moving as much as last year. The scrapes don't seem to have much going on either. I would still say now is the time. Got him in area 5. Not the best area for deer, but saw him while I was after Mouflon. Had some recurve hunters trouncing through his bedding area on back to back weekends, so it took almost a week before I saw him again. There's almost twice as much pressure this year compared to years past. Thanks Fred!!!
    Glad another TBHer got him

I almost got a shot on him last year.

Comment

I'm not Fred. I was thanking Fred for flooding the hunt areas with the added pressure. Sorry for the confusion

Comment

Originally posted by boweye View Post
        I'm not Fred. I was thanking Fred for flooding the hunt areas with the added pressure. Sorry for the confusion
        Oh Sorry, anyways, be glad that at least you scored.

Comment

Good buck therr, congrats! I'm very jealous.

Comment

Congratulations are in order there BOWEYE, nice looking buck looks like same buck was too far bout 2-3 yrs ago. Good hunting.

Comment

Congrats on the nice buck. Me and my Buddy just came home from hunting there. My Buddy shot this nice 11 point in Area 2. We aged him at 7.5 yrs old.
              Attached Files

Comment

Got into town last night. Who is ready to go hunting???

Comment

Wow nice buck! Save some deer for me, I'm coming next weekend.

Comment

Nice Buck Boweye! I just got back from hunting the local area for the 1st time. I have a lot of respect for your Bowkill in this country. Hunted 5 days with a Blackpowder rifle and that was a tough hunt so to get a nice one with your Bow is HUGE!

I love that Country! Very untamed. Saw everything it seems, Deer, Hogs, Quail, Turkey and more Foxes than I have ever seen in my life.

Comment

Hey hard horn, how does your buddy like that stabilizer light on that bow? Is that the NAP? I've been eyeballing those pretty hard for hog hunting at night. I made the homemade version after the thread here a few years ago but just wasn't bright enough.

Comment

No I can't remember what his is we hunt hogs so much at night he just leaves his on all the time. But I do have the NAP and it's awesome its a great light at a great price.

Comment

If anybody knows of anybody that lost a buck, let me know. I would like to get the rack to the hunter.

If anybody finds a ram, let me know. I want him back if I can get the head. I shot him at last light and the rain washed the trail away.

Comment

Bowhuntamistad how is weather there? Came from amarillo and in devine now going over there in couple of days to hunt maybe we can finally meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman360 View Post
                              Bowhuntamistad how is weather there? Came from amarillo and in devine now going over there in couple of days to hunt maybe we can finally meet.
                              Raining here, hunted this morning but no luck. I think I'm done hunting this trip though, one ram lost and two does on ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                                Raining here, hunted this morning but no luck. I think I'm done hunting this trip though, one ram lost and two does on ice.
                                Too bad about the ram, sounds like it was a good trip anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X