Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
    Was a great weekend to be out in the woods. One of the best we’ve had as a lease so far. We ended up taking 13 deer, trying to put a dent in our cull and doe count before the big boys start chasing.

I videoed this buck Friday morning and I put another TBH member on him that evening. I’ll let daniel post how harvest pics on his awesome management buck.

My old man, the man that taught me everything ended up with a couple does. Couldn’t be happier for him.

Also got to take one of my buddies out hunting and introduce his five year old, Nolan to the outdoors. They ended up harvesting a great management 8. Nolan has a great time and didn’t want to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea we had a good weekend at the lease here’s the management 8 i took at jzochs stand

Comment

Originally posted by Hookem84 View Post
      Yea we had a good weekend at the lease here’s the management 8 i took at jzochs stand

Congrats again, D!! Definitely a hunt I’ll always remember. Good times buddy.

Comment

Hitting the road to the ranch this afternoon. Anyone got a good report for Coke county?

Comment

Originally posted by jfalcone8 View Post
          Hitting the road to the ranch this afternoon. Anyone got a good report for Coke county?
          I was up there last weekend. You should be hitting the rut just right.

Comment

The rut is on!! We are in Coke County as well. Great sign last weekend. It should be awesome this weekend as well. I would put out a hand corn spot and get some does coming to it for your best option. Hard to do at our lease but that's your best bet at a big boy right now. They aren't hitting feeders very hard.

Comment

Headed out for Northwest Crockett county this evening. I plan on hunting in the morning.

Comment

Thanks for the info El Genral... how was the hunt last weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                  The rut is on!! We are in Coke County as well. Great sign last weekend. It should be awesome this weekend as well. I would put out a hand corn spot and get some does coming to it for your best option. Hard to do at our lease but that's your best bet at a big boy right now. They aren't hitting feeders very hard.

Good info.... I have a plan. Hoping it works. Big boy needs an arrow in him.

Comment

Went out last night to see what's going on. Saw some good deer but I'm holding out for a tall racked 10 I saw earlier in the year. Bucks are harassing the does and rolling peanuts down the road, the next 10 days should be on fire!

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                      Went out last night to see what's going on. Saw some good deer but I'm holding out for a tall racked 10 I saw earlier in the year. Bucks are harassing the does and rolling peanuts down the road, the next 10 days should be on fire!
                      This is what I am banking on!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info El Genral... how was the hunt last weekend?
                        We saw good deer movement and lots of deer every sit. I whacked a doe and my buddy whacked three pigs.

I saw two mature 10 points in the 130-135" range that I probably would have run an arrow through, but I was rifle hunting to get a doe on the ground.
                        Last edited by El General; 11-16-2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

Needs 5 more years.

Mexico culls at 9?..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Mexico culls at 9?..
                            Well whats the verdict on the deer movement, has it picked up any for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Mexico culls at 9?..
                              Sometimes 13.. Gotta give them a chance 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                                Well whats the verdict on the deer movement, has it picked up any for you?

Nope....My Covert is still blah...and one of my lease members sat Wed and was skunked. Skunks never happen unless it rains heavily in September/ early October. Humper has been religiously, weekend after weekend with few breaks after one deer and has low numbers as well. No blood drawn on teh lease by Thanksgiving just doesn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X