No announcement yet.

Another "Is He Legal" Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not even close but I agree he needs to die.

Comment

Thanks guys. I didn't think so either but just wanted confirmation from the experts.

Doug

Comment

That is one major downfall of AR

Would not advise killing that one if he needs to make 13"

Comment

I bet he is closer than you think. But I don't think he goes 13. Hopefully you can see him in person and get a good front view.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
              Thanks guys. I didn't think so either but just wanted confirmation from the experts.

Doug
              Well I hope you posted it somewhere else besides TBH. So much bad info around here it is funny at times.

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post

Doug

This one didn't take experts. He's not even close. I have a couple old bucks that are on the downhill side, and the Game Warden told me "it's the downside of the law."

I reminded him of the "intent" of the law, which was to allow younger bucks to mature. It didn't help my cause any. Some deer will just never be legal.

Comment

Shoot him in the head at the base of the antlers.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    This one didn't take experts. He's not even close. I have a couple old bucks that are on the downhill side, and the Game Warden told me "it's the downside of the law."

I reminded him of the "intent" of the law, which was to allow younger bucks to mature. It didn't help my cause any. Some deer will just never be legal.
                    Agreed Jeff. Spirit of the law vs. letter of the law. Shame that there isn't a waiver you can obtain for specific deer after showing picture proof of age

Comment

Coming from a 13” pessimist...I think he is there at 13. Maybe 13.5”. Id err on side of caution and say if you dont see daylight between the ears and antlers...dont do it. I think he makes it.

It looks like the widest measure on his left antler is about 2-4” higher than the widest measure on his right antler. How does that work to measure? I dont reckon youd go diagonal....if so he goes more than 13”...easy. If its a line perpendicular on a level plane...he is on the cusp.

No expert. Nolo contedere.

Comment

There's no way that deer is 13"

Comment

ok... so I put the pic in a program that allows me to measure point to point. Took the burr to burr and referenced it back to the spread. If you go with 3" bewteen burr it has him at 13.5... ut that too **** close to call for me. I would NO go.

Comment

Closer to 11" than 13"

Comment

Ive been catching 13" specks all summer. . That buck is 13.with a little to spare, very little but its there.

Comment

What else you want to know?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X