Ethical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    You are getting 3rd hand information so keep that in mind. If you felt 100% sure it is accurate I would turn them in. Like most poachers, they have done it many times before they get caught and most continue to do it after they get caught. Maybe if they get a felony for it, just maybe, they will stop.
    I really believe these guys just got into hunting and don't know or understand the law but that doesn't make it right or ok.

Comment

Originally posted by rconn View Post
      I really believe these guys just got into hunting and don't know or understand the law but that doesn't make it right or ok.
      It really isnt that hard to understand game laws, especially deer hunting laws. So I wouldnt let that determine my decision.

Comment

Heck no, I would turn them in. I turned a guy in to the GW that I knew really well. GW did an investigation, and ended up filling out a book of citations. Story made the GW field notes.

Plus, my folks just bought land in Limestone. Turn em in!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

First of.....are they Christians?

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Comment

Originally posted by meat>horns View Post
            Unless you saw the dead deer with your own eyes what you heard is more of a rumor in the eyes of the law. Not saying your dad is lying but the information you have is hearsay. Just playing devils advocate what if the information is wrong and the GW shows up at your neighbors place and finds nothing illegal. Then your neighbors think your a jerk for calling the cops on them and there goes your good relationship with your neighbors. Pick your battles wisely buddy.
            Exactly.

Not my place, not my business. Never worth spoiling a relationship over a deer. They’re a dime a dozen.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              First of.....are they Christians?

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
              Your way with words and making a point never cease to amaze.

Comment

Originally posted by meat>horns View Post
                Unless you saw the dead deer with your own eyes what you heard is more of a rumor in the eyes of the law. Not saying your dad is lying but the information you have is hearsay. Just playing devils advocate what if the information is wrong and the GW shows up at your neighbors place and finds nothing illegal. Then your neighbors think your a jerk for calling the cops on them and there goes your good relationship with your neighbors. Pick your battles wisely buddy.
                This, I’m not calling the law and reporting anything unless I physically saw someone breaking the law.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD12 View Post
                  Turn them in. Period.
                  ^^^ This. 100%

Comment

They gotta learn. Even if its the hard way.

Comment

Respect your dads wishes. None of your business. You are putting your dad in a bind. Now they will think he is a rat.

Comment

Originally posted by rconn View Post
                        Was talking to my dad today about not seeing much at our place and he tells me about a couple guys leasing land from his friend had a good weekend in limestone county. They shot 3 does and a little 8 point... problem is they cant shoot does yet in that county and the buck was only 11in wide at most. To me this is nothing more than poaching and pi$$es me off but my dad says stay out of it. I feel for the neighbors who are probably doing things right and then you get these idiots breaking the law. If my neighbors were doing this I would want someone to say something. Would you turn them in or just stay out of it?
                        You just turned them in with this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                          I would turn them in. Unless they are from out of state then it’s my understanding that they should be allowed a pass.
                          Are you serious?

Out of state hunters or not, rules are all the same

There are plenty of GWs browsing TBH, THF and many other "social media" sites. They will most likely get caught if they did something illegal

Comment

Too late. This thread has been turned over as states evidence. 🤣

Skinny

Comment

No question and no guilt, turn them in. No brainer, no matter what your old man says.

I'm pretty sure my old man would turn me in if he caught me poaching, and rightfully so, and that's just not something a decent person does. PERIOD!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                I’m sure one of the few game wardens that frequent this site will contact you sooner or later wanting more info.
                                One of them are bound to see this thread sooner or later.

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                                Anonymous call to OGT
                                This would be the easiest way to get it taken care of and nobody would need to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X