Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Six-Four View Post
    Have a buddy who reported a ton of stands last year, I think they went by and picked up six or seven permanent stands in one unit alone. He showed me a picture of the law enforcement guy’s gator loaded over the top with stand equipment - I thought it was hilarious. Guess if you don’t care about the rules you have a big heart and want to donate to charity.

Thats funny, I ran into a guy tuesday that told us he had 6 stands "stolen" last yr. I remember seeing the ones in the area he talked about

Comment

Originally posted by wlgorman View Post
      Thats funny, I ran into a guy tuesday that told us he had 6 stands "stolen" last yr. I remember seeing the ones in the area he talked about
      Too funny. If they were big permanent-type ladder stands it might’ve been them. They were hanging off the back and over the cab roof from what I could tell. Wonder if it’s the same guy charging people for “guided hunts” out there. Crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six-Four View Post
        Too funny. If they were big permanent-type ladder stands it might’ve been them. They were hanging off the back and over the cab roof from what I could tell. Wonder if it’s the same guy charging people for “guided hunts” out there. Crazy...
        Someone is charging for guided hunts out there? Thats crazy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

W lake is 9.09 feet above normal, and still dropping. PK has cut it's release back to 285 cfs. Yep, thats right ! While Grandbury is still releasing 9,210 cfs at the moment. Whitney is releasing 19,634 cfs at the moment.

A lake is 1.39 feet above normal. And releasing 161 cfs at the moment.

The Army Corps of Engineers has been doing and outstanding job of flood control all up and down the Brazos River valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Yall Tonder fellers gotta understand, all I can see in my itty-bitty car is tires and a bit of bumper.
            That’s why you ride with us lol. If you can get in.
            Last edited by switchback; 11-08-2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Lower that truck, or get me a rope ladder so I can.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                That’s why you ride with us lol. If you can get in.

LMAO.

I’m so sorry Mike. [emoji23][emoji56][emoji56][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the menu ready, just waiting on a date and head count.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    W lake is 9.09 feet above normal, and still dropping. PK has cut it's release back to 285 cfs. Yep, thats right ! While Grandbury is still releasing 9,210 cfs at the moment. Whitney is releasing 19,634 cfs at the moment.

A lake is 1.39 feet above normal. And releasing 161 cfs at the moment.

The Army Corps of Engineers has been doing and outstanding job of flood control all up and down the Brazos River valley.
                    Thanks for the update, glad the water level is working it’s way back to normal. Will be heading to Whitney today for a week or two probably. Need a break from Grapevine. I am more nervous about where I’m gonna park my tundra now.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                      I have the menu ready, just waiting on a date and head count.
                      I'm gonna have to wait till the water level goes down.

No problem ixp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope somebody is gonna hunt this weekend. Weather is shaping up perfect for it.

Comment

Im gonna get out this weekend, nephew is gonna tag along to hang out with me

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I wont be out this weekend. Looks like it will be the last week in November before I can get out there again.

Comment

Got the spot I hunt corned. Also met the guy that was hunting it and Corning it since I missed the last two weekends. Lots and lots of fresh pig and deer tracks. Also saw two rubs

Comment

My youngest and i will be there in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X