Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
    We also try and let the deer that show possibly more potential than the next deer get some age on them. We let a lot of deer walk for sure. Here are the two deer my wife and I killed this year. She killed hers on opening weekend and our taxi aged at 7.5, I killed mine on the second weekend of the season and taxi said 6.5. We are happy with what we are doing for management and the outcome.
    Both Great looking bucks Rex. Yours actually looks older in the face and cape than your wife's. Congrats again.

Comment

Originally posted by Whampuscat2 View Post
      Is anyone on here going to the BBQ in Paint Rock Saturday?
      I've always wondered who went to that. We intentionally avoid opening weekend of rifle season, but I would like to go meet the people at the BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
        I've always wondered who went to that. We intentionally avoid opening weekend of rifle season, but I would like to go meet the people at the BBQ.
        The Saturday lunch is nice, but hanging out with the locals cooking Friday night is a bit of an all night party. All our group missed hunting opening morning last year.😁😁😁 Have been surprised to see people we knew from our home county that were hunting in the area. Good BBQ, if anyone is hunting the area. Free, nice of the locals to put it on. Would recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Son of a ....[emoji2959]

Yes sir, left our lease this morning before the heavy stuff hit.

South / Dry Concho’s are still running and parts of our lease were still pretty messy. Deer movement was a little better than last week but still not allot of mature deer seen.

Good luck to all, I will be around the house this weekend hunting with my youngest daughter.

Rwc

Comment

I’m catching the red eye after a basketball game Friday night. Hoping to catch an old man trippin’

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
              No mas! We could use a break in NW Schleicher county. Headed out in the morning and hope it’s not a sloppy mess again after today.
              you know it will be, good luck .

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                Smart your alfalfa feeder is empty, what do you expect those deer to eat??

Christoval hunters rely solely on their 65” of rain per year to sustain their deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, Jason but this was hilarious. ^^^^^^^

Comment

Lunch at Paint Rock

Originally posted by Whampuscat2 View Post
                    Is anyone on here going to the BBQ in Paint Rock Saturday?
                    We always go to lunch. Nice to visit with locals. Great deserts also.

Can anyone tell me why my pictures are straight when I post them then get turned at some point later? Thanks

Comment

Smart your alfalfa feeder is empty, what do you expect those deer to eat??

LOL....Kern!!!! I haven't been back in a month due to the rain.

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      Christoval hunters rely solely on their 65” of rain per year to sustain their deer.

LMAO....OK Mr. I grow 150s in an 9 month drought with them eating rocks and dirt...

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                      Sorry, Jason but this was hilarious. ^^^^^^^

Don't be eggin' him on..lol..

Comment

Cool 8 pt we’ve been watching for 3 years showed up at one of my feeders. He threw a kicker on his right 2 this year...... might be tough to walk him this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                          Cool 8 pt we’ve been watching for 3 years showed up at one of my feeders. He threw a kicker on his right 2 this year...... might be tough to walk him this year.

Man, that’s a cool sucker. He looks good...I vote yall walk him into a good LDP. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post

Dang nice buck!

Comment

Yep Zach he’d be hard to pass, must be a good swimmer also

Comment

Yep Zach he’d be hard to pass, must be a good swimmer also
                                Not sure why I was so mad last night

Comment

Working...
                                X