Pigs and pond dam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigs and pond dam

Any thoughts or actual projects used to deter pigs from rooting up dams on ponds? We would still like to be able to keep it mowed if possible. It’s an ongoing issue every year. I try to shoot and trap what we can but you know how that goes. Thanks in advance.

Eradication would be the only option I can think of.....

Comment

Kill the food source living in/on the dam, probably grubs and other bugs. Not sure what the right treatment/chemical or method is being you probably don’t want it leeching into the water.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
        Eradication would be the only option I can think of.....
        I agree but almost impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
          Kill the food source living in/on the dam, probably grubs and other bugs. Not sure what the right treatment/chemical or method is being you probably don’t want it leeching into the water.
          I have talked to people that have done this but the leaching into the pond is an issue. Thanks

Comment

fence it

Comment

Fence it or you can lay cattle panels or field net wire down all across the dam. That would put a pretty good end to it.

Comment

Can you lay hog / cattle panel on the ground or bury it just a little? The could still root but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                  Fence it or you can lay cattle panels or field net wire down all across the dam. That would put a pretty good end to it.
                  I like the way you think!

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                    That was my first thought as well, but then I saw where he still wanted to be able to mow the grass and that put a kink in my plan.

Comment

I am doing some digging. I have a friend back home that manages golf courses and they use something to keep hogs off the greens that works pretty well but I can not remember what it is.

Comment

Merit insecticide is what they were using on the golf course.

Comment

This.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Appreciate everyone’s input and ideas. I will have a conversation with my neighbor next time they are at their property.

Comment

Go giggkgk

Comment

Working...
                              X