No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone wanna guess a price on the Saz 18 I posted above?

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post

Picked up a couple today to add to the collection. Never had the McKenna but heard its pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I posted I bought the McKenna a couple of weeks ago. It is just ok in my opinion. I didn't hate it, but I am glad it's not more expensive .

Comment

Originally posted by chase this! View Post
        anyone wanna guess a price on the saz 18 i posted above?

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
          I posted I bought the McKenna a couple of weeks ago. It is just ok in my opinion. I didn't hate it, but I am glad it's not more expensive .

Well darn...hope it’s worth drinking. Like you said it was under $30.

If not it may be one I drink after I had a couple of something else.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            $4k. Yes. $4,000. Four with three zeros. I had some non-TBH safe words for him.

Comment

Well darn...hope it’s worth drinking. Like you said it was under $30.

If not it may be one I drink after I had a couple of something else.

I like it, especially for the price. I put it in my top 6 bourbons under $30, along with Eagle Rare, Very Old Barton Bottled-In-Bond, Elijah Craig, Weller Antique, and Weller 12.

Comment

Bought a bottle of Clyde May's on the way home today, just to try something different. Liking it, so far!

Comment

1792 SB tonight. Pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                    $4k. Yes. $4,000. Four with three zeros. I had some non-TBH safe words for him.
                    haha you could buy 4 or 5 on secondary market for that

Comment

Anyone tried the Old Fitzgerald bottled in bond 9yo? It's a fall 2018 release fairly new.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhartt View Post
                        Anyone tried the Old Fitzgerald bottled in bond 9yo? It's a fall 2018 release fairly new.
                        Eh, it’s not great. The bottle is pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                          I like it, especially for the price. I put it in my top 6 bourbons under $30, along with Eagle Rare, Very Old Barton Bottled-In-Bond, Elijah Craig, Weller Antique, and Weller 12.

I just had one and I enjoyed it. Going to try it again but I think I’d buy it again.

Comment

Picked up a couple today to add to the collection. Never had the McKenna but heard its pretty good.

McKenna or at least my bottle reaches full potential once a couple small cubes melt. Much better than neat

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                              Eh, it’s not great. The bottle is pretty.
                              I felt the same way. Tried it at a bar recently and was disappointed. Not bad, but not deserving of the price point. The juice inside doesn't live up to the fancy bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                                I felt the same way. Tried it at a bar recently and was disappointed. Not bad, but not deserving of the price point. The juice inside doesn't live up to the fancy bottle.

It looks better on my shelf than it tastes in a glass. LoL.

Comment

Working...
                                X