Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang in there Justin. The sun will come up. And some of them will go away. Just not all.

Mo gooda luq to ya this mone-n.

Nice work on the hogs coojay.
    And good to see ya back Carlock. We need to get together with some more of that cherry mason jar stuff sometime.

Comment

And a dang doe came in behind me and busted me.

Comment

Never mind the doe. Just sit tight. It's the majic hour now.

Comment

Hang in there justin , I got aske to work this morning but I'll be there by noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
            A climber can be pretty useful at times but if you’re looking for a mobile setup I’d recommend a lightweight stand and a set of climbing sticks. I use an XOP Vanish XT with some hawk helium sticks and it weighs around 20-30lbs depending on what gear I take with me with rope mods on the sticks.
            I agree, the kind of setup beararcher_84 is using I would only use if I could leave it setup. I use (well used to) both a Lone Wolf climber and Lone Wolf Assault hang-on with LW sticks. I have had multiple back surgeries and a surgery on each bicep and once you develop a system even the hang-on was easy to hang and hunt.

Good luck folks, hope you all have a great season.

Comment

I'm gonna try to make it till 930. These skeeters r killin me. I have to go to my late birthday dinner with family this evening so I might try tomorrow morning. The lows next weekend are looking mighty pleasing

Comment

Just saying. ....

Comment

I really don't know how yall do it anymore, between the skeeters and the humidity. I can't stand be-n in the garage more than an hour with this humidity before I got to go inside under the A/C . Skeeters been bad around here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    I really don't know how yall do it anymore, between the skeeters and the humidity. I can't stand be-n in the garage more than an hour with this humidity before I got to go inside under the A/C . Skeeters been bad around here too.

Biggest reason I ain’t too upset that I can’t hunt until after November!

Hope all is well Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice n cool out here today.

Comment

The sweet sweet joy of a working thermocell. Almost all my corn was gone good thing I brough some In the backpack.

Comment

Originally posted by Sreppep View Post
                          I don’t post much, but I smoked my first hog this morning. He only ran about 30 yards. Also saw a young 6 point.
                          Congrats on the pork!

Good luck today storm. I’m out here too!

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                            Congrats on the pork!

Good luck today storm. I’m out here too!
                            Best of luck to too switchback!

Comment

Just missed a huge doe about 20 minutes ago. Battery in range finder is dead and sitting in my other blind. Thought she was around 30 yds but more like 25 and think she ducked a little. Shot over her but she hung around for a little bit. Then walked off. Wasn’t spooked when she left. Maybe next time.

Comment

Storm are you camping?

Comment

Working...
                                X