No announcement yet.

Idaho bound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Wednesday we worked our way into a lot of dark timber. We found a really good trail coming down into a small chute where there was quite a lot of fresh sign. We e set up around 2:00. At 3:30 four bulls started bulging back and forth. Then one cranks up at about 70 yards into the timber. I said he’s coming out right here and my looked at me and said he’s right there. Trough the trees I see a huge Bull working his way down the trail his antlers are so wide he is swinging his head to get through the brush. He comes out and I say you got him. I look over and my son is shaking all over. He says yeah I got him. Pulls back and lets that arrow fly.

Comment

[ATTACH]924741[/ATTACH
      Arrow hit 4 inches low, when that Bull left out he threw his head back and his horns were touching past his rump. That was the biggest Bull I have ever seen on the hoof. Clean miss. Son was pretty down for a while. But like I told him getting that Elk would have been great but he would just be a head on the wall. But now he will live forever when we tell the stories about hunting trips. I think this is one of the greatest times we have ever shared. All in all it was a helluva trip.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like a great opportunity to make some great memories!

My son and I went on a fly fishing trip to the Michigan 25 years ago and the memories we made can never be erased.

Good Luck!

Comment

Great story so far. Too bad for your boy, that's a hard pill to swallow. Idaho is one of 3 bucket list items. Hopefully i can get up there with my boys when they grow up enough... gonna be a while at 3 right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

What an experience and adventure for both of you! Thanks for sharing it!

Comment

Working...
            X