Welding Tables...post em if you got em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welding Tables...post em if you got em!

Just bought a new-to-me welding table. 3'10" x 6' x 3/8" and it's just a bare bones table at this point. Still need to get a proper vise for it. Looking for ideas on ways to customize for storing welding supplies, welding rod, clamps, etc. Also looking for ideas on how to care for the top and make it usable for both mig and stick welding. If you got em I would appreciate pics of your setups!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180118_201849-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	25137011

In.

Comment

Following

Comment

More of a cart....*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would add some cross members on the lower portion and expanded metal for a big shelf... couple of hooks for leads / cords ... most depends on what you plan to use it for. where did you find it? looks like something I would entertain purchasing

Comment

Take some angle iron on the edges and make a "V" to hold chalk pencils ect

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
              I would add some cross members on the lower portion and expanded metal for a big shelf... couple of hooks for leads / cords ... most depends on what you plan to use it for. where did you find it? looks like something I would entertain purchasing
              I've got caster wheels & expanded metal standing by to put on this week. The J hooks for cords is a really good idea. I'm going to put a small shelf in for my mig welder and a piece of pvc pipe strapped to the leg to hold the gun. I found my table on Craigslist...some little old man made 2, one for himself and was selling the other just to get some of his money back out of it. It's stout for sure.

Originally posted by Smith2001 View Post
              Take some angle iron on the edges and make a "V" to hold chalk pencils ect
              Excellent idea! Some place to lay soapstone & marking pens
              Last edited by JonBoy; 01-22-2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Here’s mine, made from a bed frame and scrap.

Magnetic torch holder from Harbor Freight gets a thumbs up. I welded some square tubing on one of the legs for an extension cord holder. I like the idea of using angle for a tray, and I plan to bend some bolts with my son’s forge to make hooks for clamps and who knows what else.

Comment

Mount your vice on something else. It will get in the way on your table. Surface maintenance is "tack materials, weld in the chinks and grind them smooth again.

Comment

Me likey likey
                    Originally posted by Jacobs117 View Post

More of a cart....*

Comment

Screw in tree steps make good hooks for extension cords, clamps, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                        I've got caster wheels & expanded metal standing by to put on this week. The J hooks for cords is a really good idea. I'm going to put a small shelf in for my mig welder and a piece of pvc pipe strapped to the leg to hold the gun. I found my table on Craigslist...some little old man made 2, one for himself and was selling the other just to get some of his money back out of it. It's stout for sure.

Excellent idea! Some place to lay soapstone & marking pens

Instead of PVC get some round tube, about 3-4” and weld it at a 45* on each leg for your gun.

Get some 2” angle and make a vise base, lag bolt the vise to it and take some 2” square tubing, make a support that has about an 8” tail on it and weld it to the bottom of the base (center of the base). Take a 4” piece of 2 1/16” square tubing and weld it to the bottom of your table, flush with the edge of the tabletop. Drill holes in both the 2” and 2 1/16” tubing so you can put a locking pin through them. Now you can add/remove your vise as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by PBFrijoles View Post
                          Instead of PVC get some round tube, about 3-4” and weld it at a 45* on each leg for your gun.

Get some 2” angle and make a vise base, lag bolt the vise to it and take some 2” square tubing, make a support that has about an 8” tail on it and weld it to the bottom of the base (center of the base). Take a 4” piece of 2 1/16” square tubing and weld it to the bottom of your table, flush with the edge of the tabletop. Drill holes in both the 2” and 2 1/16” tubing so you can put a locking pin through them. Now you can add/remove your vise as needed.

This basically makes a "hitch" mounted vise correct?

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                            This basically makes a "hitch" mounted vise correct?

Yessir

Comment

Nothing special
                              I also made a cart that can double as a welding table. I built it specifically to rebuild my dads old pipeliner.

Comment

Working...
                              X