How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco View Post
    Where the heck did you come from? Nice catfish by the way.

Just been hanging around

Comment

Dang that's a nice catfish on the fly rod. I'll bet he felt good pulling you around. Are you bouncing that little bug off the bottom?

Comment

Gonna be in CO for the next couple weeks for work. Will have half of Friday and the weekend off so hoping to get on the water!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post

Great photo and nice setups!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
              Nice work! I really want to get into rod building, looks like a fun and addicting hobby

Comment

Thanks!

Yes it is very rewarding and each one is really a one of a kind.

Comment

Back from Mexico. Awesome, Awesome trip. No permit brought to hand but, it wasn't due to lack of opportunity. I'll post a write up/report tonight. Being at work sucks after a week of fishing and relaxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got pics but I don't know how to upload them

Comment

Hey guys random flyfishing question.

Well, first, the reason I'm asking. I am an extreme novice to flyfishing, especially freshwater. I'm used to saltwater and sand flats in Florida. But, I love the sport. I also have access to the Elm Fork of the Trinity right near work and when I'm not riding, lifting, or shooting on my lunch break I want to kill some time and fish. But, the Elm Fork is creepishly slow and very muddy, also has some steeeeep banks where I am. Anyone fish in conditions like this? I guess I'm not sure what I'm fishing for over there, so how to fish the area is lost on me..

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                        Hey guys random flyfishing question.

Well, first, the reason I'm asking. I am an extreme novice to flyfishing, especially freshwater. I'm used to saltwater and sand flats in Florida. But, I love the sport. I also have access to the Elm Fork of the Trinity right near work and when I'm not riding, lifting, or shooting on my lunch break I want to kill some time and fish. But, the Elm Fork is creepishly slow and very muddy, also has some steeeeep banks where I am. Anyone fish in conditions like this? I guess I'm not sure what I'm fishing for over there, so how to fish the area is lost on me..
                        If there are fish in there, you can catch them. Think like a bass fisherman.... poppers to make noise, streamers in colors that are bold that will be seen easier in muddy water, etc...

Watch out for crumbling banks, and be careful where you stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          If there are fish in there, you can catch them. Think like a bass fisherman.... poppers to make noise, streamers in colors that are bold that will be seen easier in muddy water, etc...

Watch out for crumbling banks, and be careful where you stand.
                          You can fish poopers on a fly rod?! Nice. Gotta figure that out..

Other thing working against me is that my fly rig is waaaay too big, generally speaking. I think it's a 7/8wt saltwater rig. But, work with what you've got and all that..

Comment

I am drifting it past cypress tree close to bottom

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                              You can fish poopers on a fly rod?! Nice. Gotta figure that out..

Other thing working against me is that my fly rig is waaaay too big, generally speaking. I think it's a 7/8wt saltwater rig. But, work with what you've got and all that..
                              Big fly rods catch big bass! Ask Draco on here!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotag View Post
                                I am drifting it past cypress tree close to bottom
                                Good to see you Rotag - been a long time Amigo!

This fly has been killing the catfish and I don't know why.
                                It's these Hill Country rivers preferred color! You can't go wrong in that color combo....no matter the tackle type used on these Hill Country rivers.
                                Last edited by AtTheWall; 02-02-2017, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X