ID:	24482021Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	24482022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      I do some but I'm not much of s bass fisherman. I usually hit small creeks like the cibilo, and usually do pretty well.

Where can you fish cibilo at? I've been trying to find a spot. Keep hearing about it.

Comment

Upper Guadalupe River is my kayak get away for green trout.

Here's a day of fishing for green trout

Every now and then, I'll hammer a bigger river bass. Best to fish after sundown for the bigger fish.

And every now and then, I'll score a smallmouth. If you can find them, it's better to finesse them in the faster water sections, wading or off the bank with a low profile. They are very wary fish, more so than largemouth.

Many sections require you get out and pull through the shallows.

Find a dam and fish both sides.

And during the winter, you can catch trout in specific sections of Guadalupe as well.

I've spent quite a few years putting the time in on this river to figure out what I needed to know to fish it productively. Half the fun of fishing out of a kayak is, figuring out a river and her ways through the season. I've done that with the Upper Guadalupe since it's basically my backyard. I still use a 10ft Frenzy from a portability standpoint and it really works whitewater very well. So many sections require you to portage, this yak makes it easy for me to cover some fairly rough country without beating me up.

I rig a backpack and can carry the Frenzy in one arm, with rods in the other arm and tackle and lifejacket on my back. Many times, I go down river only to work back up river to the truck to clear and go home. Having a smaller kayak makes it easier to pull this off. It's a lot of work to fish some of these remote sections of Guadalupe, without going down to a take-out. But I've dialed in sections of river where I can pull this off. It's a good work out though

Gonna plan a longer float trip this year, get Rack's butt into gear, so we can cover miles down through sections I've been wanting to fish. Kerrville down to Waring is a section I've really wanted to run for some time. Waring to Canyon Lake is another section...fished and covered a lot more than further up, but just want to cover it so I have the knowledge down - which adds more options.
        Last edited by AtTheWall; 01-27-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          I like the wide ones as well but hardly ever stand. The seat is high enough to make it work well on the NuCanoe Frontier. I'm trying the peddle type next though.
          I can't believe my eyes a peddle boat Really Bob what's next a compound bow

I owe Bob a Thank You for getting me started I have a Hobie
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0375.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	24482078

Comment

I live on Dunlop and fish a lot hitting the comal tomorrow for small mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Rotag View Post
              I can't believe my eyes a peddle boat Really Bob what's next a compound bow
              [ATTACH]838052[/ATTACH]
              I haven't gotten that bad yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoak20 View Post
                Where can you fish cibilo at? I've been trying to find a spot. Keep hearing about it.

I put in under ih10 @ the Guadalupe county line, also off ulrich road Google rio cibilo ranch and that will bring up a good spot. There is also a spot not too far from bexar shooting range. All of these spots are within 3-5 miles from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                  I put in under ih10 @ the Guadalupe county line, also off ulrich road Google rio cibilo ranch and that will bring up a good spot. There is also a spot not too far from bexar shooting range. All of these spots are within 3-5 miles from my house.

Let me know when you go back out there. I found the cibilo ranch area. Is it ok to park there?

Comment

Rob I've canoed the upper Guadalupe numerous times and had varying success fishing there. It's a unique part of Texas that gets very little pressure and is some of the finest scenery in the world. Access as you said is tricky so you gotta know what you're doing. I'd love to float that section in my kayak later this spring for fly rod fishing.

Comment

Working...
                    X