No announcement yet.

Pleasant Game Warden Experience Tonite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of years ago I had GW and county Sherrif waiting for me when I was walking back to my truck that was parked on a road next to the fence line of our lease after an evening rifle hunt. I actually thought it was my buddies tricking me when I heard "drop your weapon"...I thought better and then complied with the request. The GW and Sherrif had gotten a call about an unknown vehicle parked on a road and thought someone was poaching. Long story short, the GW (and a trainee GW who was a 5'10" blond) followed me back to camp to check everyone's license. All was good...and we enjoyed the view!

Comment

Glad you had a pleasant experience FND. I've been checked a few times and have had nothing but great experiences as well. A few really good ones up here in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcooper93 View Post
        Couple of years ago I had GW and county Sherrif waiting for me when I was walking back to my truck that was parked on a road next to the fence line of our lease after an evening rifle hunt. I actually thought it was my buddies tricking me when I heard "drop your weapon"...I thought better and then complied with the request. The GW and Sherrif had gotten a call about an unknown vehicle parked on a road and thought someone was poaching. Long story short, the GW (and a trainee GW who was a 5'10" blond) followed me back to camp to check everyone's license. All was good...and we enjoyed the view!
        Lol! Now that's pretty rare.

Comment

Atleaset all was good

Comment

Glad it was a good encounter. When you gonna be back around Houston

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Is this his interpretation/opinion or law?

Would love to keep my light on in case pigs show right at dark but have always figured it would get me a ticket
              It's all open to interpretation. Jeff said he was going on te assumption it was perfectly legal, which it was according to this warden, but the next one he meets might have a completely different view of things. It's a very gray area. Most of the wardens I have run into would rather add te revenue to the state so it's not a chance I would take.

Comment

There's no Grey area. It's crystal clear in the hand book where it states, "it is illegal to use..." a light to shoot a game a animal. It DOES NOT say its illegal to posess, have on bow, etc...

Not sure your obsession with this but I'll trust in what the game warden told me.

Oh and there was no "assumption". As stated earlier, I called him specifically with this question about two weeks ago.
                Last edited by Fishndude; 10-13-2012, 08:17 AM.

Comment

I've talked to Jeff a couple of times. Seems to be a super nice guy. I use a light too just in case a pig strolls in. No problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    There's no Grey area. It's crystal clear in the hand book where it states, "it is illegal to use..." a light to shoot a game a animal. It DOES NOT say its illegal to posess, have on bow, etc...

Not sure your obsession with this but I'll trust in what the game warden told me.

Oh and there was no "assumption". As stated earlier, I called him specifically with this question about two weeks ago.
                    Most game wardens are gonna assume since you possess it your gonna use it. No different than having a gun in the blind for hogs during bow season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
                      Most game wardens are gonna assume since you possess it your gonna use it. No different than having a gun in the blind for hogs during bow season.
                      But the law states it's illegal unless you have a CHL. It's no different the riding around spotlighting hogs at night. The warden can't site you for shooting a deer with the means of a light if you don't have a deer in your possession. Now if he is watching you thru bino's and sees you turn the bow light on from your stand and then you drag a deer to the truck guess what your gonna get a ticket for taking a game animal with a light.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
                        That's nowhere close to the same. Come on man!!!. An assumption gets you a chuckle from a judge or hopefully a punch in the gut from his captain.

Under your definition, it would also be illegal to have a flashlight.
                        Last edited by Fishndude; 10-13-2012, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X