Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatsCat21 View Post
    Thanks 1337. I hope it's going to be good new year, but it's a very bad evening for me. I wasn't sure whether to post this or not. If it may help find him and figure out what went wrong, then I'm willing to take whatever criticism or negative comments it may generate.

He came in at 1645 this afternoon. He was calm, I had time, and I let one fly broadside at 20yds. Thwack and luminock disappeared. He spun and ran off slightly hunched up and tail down. Go to investigate after some time. Find hair all over the place where he was and only a tiny piece of flesh attached to some very short white hair outside opposing hoof print. Zero blood, none, not a drop. Followed trail where he went up to point I last saw him - no blood. Never found the arrow either. Given the luminock disappearing and not finding the arrow, I'm assuming it's still in him.

Shooting a Rage Extreme 2-blade chisel-tip from ~65#. I told biologist and she gave me Cooper's card. I emailed him a pic of the deer in case he's found later.

I expect he'd be in the vicinity of 7-16, 7-2, or 7-14.

I'm sick - I hate to have this happen! He was a very nice buck. I don't wish this on anyone.
    Just had Fred at The Bow Shop fix my peep on Friday. Shot it in his range and spot on. Did I blow the shot (appeared legit to me) or did the Rage head not deploy or did it hit opposing shoulder due to deflection? I wish I knew what went south.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatsCat21 View Post
      Just had Fred at The Bow Shop fix my peep on Friday. Shot it in his range and spot on. Did I blow the shot (appeared legit to me) or did the Rage head not deploy or did it hit opposing shoulder due to deflection? I wish I knew what went south.
      Any word yet if he's been recovered?

Comment

21 day still not updated. Guess that means I still have a shot at a buck tomorrow. I tried calling to make sure but didn't get an answer.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SlinginStix View Post
          Any word yet if he's been recovered?

Nothing. GW did say he'd let me know if it turned up. Sickness subsiding but frustration and curiosity still strong.

Comment

Anyone braving the cold tomorrow morning

Comment

Originally posted by a21davis View Post
              Anyone braving the cold tomorrow morning

Yep. Had an obligation late this morning, so I had an excuse to sleep in. 24 degrees held from 0500 til at least 0800 this morning.

Comment

I might not be out at sunrise but will be out there 10 or 11ish

Comment

Can anyone apply to hunt or just military ?

Comment

You have to have a form of military Id.

Comment

I want to Hunt at Bullis next year. What do I have to do to be able to hunt there?

Comment

Anyone going out this weekend. Took off Friday to hunt since I can only hunt till noon all weekend

Comment

It's absolutely crazy how TA-7 is still open after 7 bucks taken and a couple unrecovered.

Comment

Sitting tomorrow and Sunday (only until noon) trying to put a doe in the freezer to end my Texas hunting. Will be moving to Illinois in May

Comment

Should be some nice whitetail to hunt there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X