Why we show respect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why we show respect

The other thread got off track and I am not trying to relive or revive it but saw this on my Twitter feed just now and figure this explains my position on the subject better than I can explain. While wearing that flag that some will burn, spit and not stand for this soldier is making the ultimate sacrifice by putting himself in harms way for it and what it stands for back home.
    Attached Files

Exactly.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup

Comment

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!! We can all use a reminder that our activity duty military troops as well as all our veterans should be honored on a daily bases!!

Comment

Yes sir

Comment

I was always taught and it might be wrong that the red stripes in the flag represented the blood sacrifice of those who have fought to protect the homeland. There it is covered in more blood on that soldiers arm. If you cant stand to show a little respect for just that than I got no use for you. Even if you hate this country that alone should warrant you at least standing.

Comment

Much of the citizenry will disagree...

But it is my belief, my stance - that all US citizens that pass the physical exam should serve minimum two years military. Women included.

I despise war, but I'm proud to be a veteran. And every veteran that I've ever known or met is proud to be a veteran too.

Bob Lee

Comment

A good friend of mine once said, "Some people will NEVER understand until sh*t gets much worse for them on a personal level." Most people will never serve and a far smaller number will ever know anyone like the soldier shown in the pic and a smaller number yet will ever sacrifice even a fraction of what that soldier has for anything in their life. I don't see him screaming about oppression because that dam*ed sure would be all over the internet. People joke about 1st World problems but how else could these athletes find an audience for their cause?

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post

But it is my belief, my stance - that all US citizens that pass the physical exam should serve minimum two years military. Women included.

I despise war, but I'm proud to be a veteran. And every veteran that I've ever known or met is proud to be a veteran too.

Bob Lee
                  I agree it would help. But we can't make able bodied people work so I doubt we could ever get them in the military.

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                  A good friend of mine once said, "Some people will NEVER understand until sh*t gets much worse for them on a personal level." Most people will never serve and a far smaller number will ever know anyone like the soldier shown in the pic and a smaller number yet will ever sacrifice even a fraction of what that soldier has for anything in their life. I don't see him screaming about oppression because that dam*ed sure would be all over the internet. People joke about 1st World problems but how else could these athletes find an audience for their cause?
                  Make them all work and pay taxes. Then maybe they will start caring about others getting free stuff. Their "personal level" is sitting at home relaxing 24/7. We live in a free country and people should be able to do that if they choose, but they sure as hell shouldn't get bailed out or free money/food/housing/health insurance etc. either.

Comment

Bob Lee

I actually agree with you. Would probably make a difference in our country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don't know...can you imagine today's snowflakes serving & the attitude being mandatory?? Really want them watching our 6??

I'm under the opinion it should stay volunteer & have as many willing patriots carrying the flag vs those willing to burn it & being forced to serve...it's just not the same anymore & would likely be a huge distraction to the purpose of our military.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        I don't know...can you imagine today's snowflakes serving & the attitude being mandatory?? Really want them watching our 6??

I'm under the opinion it should stay volunteer & have as many willing patriots carrying the flag vs those willing to burn it & being forced to serve...it's just not the same anymore & would likely be a huge distraction to the purpose of our military.

I don't know just how much things might have changed since then. But when I arrived at Ft. Bragg, NC early April 1966 to begin boot camp, I had a bit of an attitude.

The DI's, 1st Sergeants and Company Commanders and everybody else with a rank higher than E-3 know how to adjust attitudes. That's their line of work and they take it seriously. After about an hour, I took them serious too. Real serious.

Bob Lee
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by boblee; 09-20-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Bob Lee
                          I couldn't agree more! In addition to serving my country, being overseas allowed me the opportunity to learn how folks in other countries would kill for the crap we casually throw out, it taught me to appreciate what Americans commonly take for granted.

Comment

I think it's changed a lot & for the worse in regards to what the young generation actually feels & what it means to be an American patriot...I would have agreed some time ago, just not certain now.

Hell, I don't even think many of our schools are even teaching the greatness of our country like they used to...so to impose mandatory service vs. volunteer with so many thinking what I can only call deviant impressions of what our military's job is?? Just leaves me scratching me head on the whole deal. No matter, it's a non-issue anyway.

Comment

I don't know just how much things might have changed since then. But when I arrived at Ft. Bragg, NC early April 1966 to begin boot camp, I had a bit of an attitude.

The DI's, 1st Sergeants and Company Commanders and everybody else with a rank higher than E-3 know how to adjust attitudes. That's their line of work and they take it seriously. After about an hour, I took them serious too. Real serious.

Bob Lee

Only took me about five minutes once I got to my training company to know I had messed up enlisting and didnt want to be there. But as you said they dont provide much of an alternative but to soldier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X