Pres. Trump Afghan Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pres. Trump Afghan Strategy

Anybody else see his speech last night about the war in Afghan?

Discuss...

J Malin? Is that you?

Comment

I liked his tone
      I liked hearing that he is lifting the restrictive rules of engagement on the military
      I liked the fact that he was leaving the prosecuting of the conflict to the folks who know how to do this and not the folks in DC who think they know how to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        J Malin? Is that you?
        No. Why you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          No. Why you ask?
          I'm pretty sure that's how that guy started every post. Lay out a broad issue, then say "discuss".

What ever happened to that dude anyways?

Comment

I like that he basically told Pakistan they can no longer harbor terrorist. We will hunt them down and kill them.

We are also not there to be a nation builder. We are there to kill the enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
              I'm pretty sure that's how that guy started every post. Lay out a broad issue, then say "discuss".

What ever happened to that dude anyways?
              I think he got perma banned. That's all he would do is stir the pot. I found it freaking hilarious.

Is socio economic strife in Typhoon stricken Western Africa causing political turmoil responsible for recent genocides committed by the sitting government and respective war lords?

Discuss......

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                I liked his tone

I liked hearing that he is lifting the restrictive rules of engagement on the military

I liked the fact that he was leaving the prosecuting of the conflict to the folks who know how to do this and not the folks in DC who think they know how to do this.

x2^^^

2/3 of all US Combat fatalities in Afghanistan came during the Obama presidency. I'm not a soldier but I'd venture to say the handcuffing done by Washington during that time directly affected the amount of men and women killed.

Comment

Im conflicted about Afghanistan. There is no economy outside of dirt farming and the queens poppy. I don't know what we can do for that country honestly. We could leave the peaceful people standing and kill off all the bad ones but that would involve a level of war this country is not prepared for. Im talking war crimes level expert.

I also hate to see the sacrifices made, made in vain when we pull out and it gets worse like Iraq did. But if we aren't going to go full **** **** mode then I don't think its worth any more service members lives.

No good answer really.

Comment

It was a great speech. It was a collaborative agreement with his military advisors. It shows his willingness to follow his military advisors because Trump wants out of Afghanistan [emoji1023].

The left will find a negative [emoji1532] or they will brush it under the carpet and back to insulting him.

Trump speaks in Arizona tonite ? Soros is busing in 10,000 protesters who are antifa! Phoenix will be assaulted while trying to attend and then burned to the ground. Just watch. This will be the lefts showdown against Trump. Military might be needed next ! That's what antifa wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      Im conflicted about Afghanistan. There is no economy outside of dirt farming and the queens poppy. I don't know what we can do for that country honestly. We could leave the peaceful people standing and kill off all the bad ones but that would involve a level of war this country is not prepared for. Im talking war crimes level expert.

I also hate to see the sacrifices made, made in vain when we pull out and it gets worse like Iraq did. But if we aren't going to go full **** **** mode then I don't think its worth any more service members lives.

No good answer really.
                      Afghanistan has vast deposits of important rare earth minerals and other metals that can be easily mined if they weren't located in a war zone. If we can stabilize the region and get mining activities started, the payoff could be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                        Soros is busing in 10,000 protesters who are antifa!
                        where did you see that?

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                          It was a great speech. It was a collaborative agreement with his military advisors. It shows his willingness to follow his military advisors because Trump wants out of Afghanistan [emoji1023].

The left will find a negative [emoji1532] or they will brush it under the carpet and back to insulting him.

Trump speaks in Arizona tonite ? Soros is busing in 10,000 protesters who are antifa! Phoenix will be assaulted while trying to attend and then burned to the ground. Just watch. This will be the lefts showdown against Trump. Military might be needed next ! That's what antifa wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          They will cause huge problems and destruction like they have for 8-9 months and the media will not have the KKK to blame but they will blame it of something because everyone knows the antifa are just concerned citizens who oppose Trumps racism

Comment

ROE should be simple... Locate.... Kill them all, really dead...

Antifa wants a war with the right ????

They better get something to fight with besides masks and clubs... are it will be a really short war...

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                              Afghanistan has vast deposits of important rare earth minerals and other metals that can be easily mined if they weren't located in a war zone. If we can stabilize the region and get mining activities started, the payoff could be huge.
                              It would take one heck of an investment that's for sure. Maybe when it runs out in less remote areas. The infrastructure is just not there, even if you got it mined it would be cost prohibitive to get it out. We would have to build highways, rail, pump in water, electricity and god know what else. But like you said its a war zone so none of these things will happen.

They actually have the best soil for cotton growth I have read. But no way cotton is ever gonna take the place of opium and the US wont back anything that is in direct competition of our own farmers.

My plan to stabilize that country would have me at the Hauge War Crimes Tribunal Court, tried and executed.

Comment

Working...
                              X