Premier Ranch, Mason Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premier Ranch, Mason Texas

I right this review with some hesitancy. This ranch is so good I don’t know if I want the word getting out. Premier Ranch, in Mason TX, is one of the best ranches I’ve ever been to. Now with that being said, the staff there could not have been better, I wanted for nothing & at the end of the hunt I felt guilty because they treated me so well.

I was on this hunt for, culls and does & the first hunt all I saw were Trophies and wet does. No deer were harvested on the first night of the hunt. So we went back to the lodge and was treated to a steak dinner that I would have paid high dollar for at any steakhouse in Texas. The rest of the night we spent around the great fire place on the patio sharing good stories.

The next morning we were taken to different blinds then we had hunting the night before. Not ten minute into the hunt, even before I could see due to the sun not being up yet I could hear corn popping. Once there was enough day light to see, I see a 170 class typical standing at the feeder. How I didn’t spook it I’ll never know, it had to hear me crying. Shortly there after in came a barren doe, Jay my guide gave me the shoot signal & I did as I was told, Smoked it! Not fifteen minutes later, Mr 170 came back in and brought his 3 year old 4 point buddy with him. Again, Jay says “Shooter”. And once again I do as I’m told, Smoked! By this time I’m higher then Lindsay Lohan on a Saturday night. But wait here comes another solo doe & the “Shooter” sign comes up again from Jay, Rage to the ribcage! Now mind you, I’ve shot 3 deer and still haven’t tracked any of them and there is still more deer standing in front of me. We get word at this point that Dustin, my friend and other hunter has got two deer down as well. OK it’s time to start collecting our deer. After 30 minutes of tracking and dragging my three deer, Dustin shows up and he’s managed to shoot another one, bring his total to 1 cull buck and two does, the same as what I’ve shot. So six deer in one morning hunt for two hunters, not bad in my book.

Well time to get to work, not. Jay and Jed start gutting and quartering our animals?! Never, I repeat, never have I had anyone do that for me, now I’ve done this for people on numerous occasions but never had it done for me.

So in closing if you only book one hunt this year make it with Premier. If not just for culls, for Trophies, I saw several deer near the 200 inch mark and they were all typical not the usual head exploding non typical freaks.

Sorry for the crappy pictures but all I had with me was my IPhone

Can't view the pics

Comment

Cool man, glad you had a fun time. I drive past that place on the way to my lease.

Comment

Here are a couple pictures of the Lodge
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice... looking them up now!

Comment

Couldn't find a price list on the website

Comment

This place is just getting going. This will be the first year they have been hunted in years and we all know what the first year is like. I'll be spending as much time as I can here. So you can see why I was a little hesatint to post anything about them. Because you know after a year or so those deer are going to smarten up real fast.

Comment

Sounds like a great hunt.

Comment

Glad you had a good hunt. I have often wondered about the premier ranch. It is about 10 miles from my lease. I might have to check it out

Comment

How much per a day?

Comment

Pics of deer?

Comment

If this is the same ranch I just googled... hunts start at $3250. If you're interested in killing a couple doe and a cull buck for that price. PLEASE CONTACT ME!! Geezzz

Comment

hint

"I see a 170 class typical standing at the feeder. How I didn’t spook it I’ll never know, "

I hate to inform you of this, but the reason you "didn't spook it" is because the deer may have eaten out of your hand if there were no corn at the feeder. You see, these hi dollar ranches that "guarantee" you a certain class buck have bought and paid for bucks all over the ranch that they feed on a normal basis in the same areas. They know where the bucks are going to be feeding like clockwork. There are huge bucks hanging on walls , mostly in the metro areas, shot by guys who have money, but no clue they shot a half tame animal. Does make for some good bragging on their hunting skills though. This is a multi million $ industry in Texas.

I am sure the Premier ranch is a nice place with some nice folks. If you want to pay that much for a buck that's your business. I am sure they even have some
                          great bucks there that are truly "wild" . As for me, I prefer to hunt low fence free ranging wild deer. I know the Premier has at least 2 high fenced pastures. No goats or exotics behind high fences either. One ranch I hunted, I almost had to get out of the truck to run the stupid goats off the road.

Comment

Originally posted by DaPro ATXHunter View Post
                            If this is the same ranch I just googled... hunts start at $3250. If you're interested in killing a couple doe and a cull buck for that price. PLEASE CONTACT ME!! Geezzz

Did you see a price for doe/cull hunt on their website? I didn't, I only saw the "trophy" hunts.

I did see what they posted somewhere else...1 management buck and 3 does/culls for 2500 includes lodging meals and guide fee.

Not too bad with everything included if you ask me.

What is included in your.. Oh never mind this thread isn't about your place. Maybe you should start your own thread?!

Comment

Originally posted by dv9296 View Post
                              "I see a 170 class typical standing at the feeder. How I didn’t spook it I’ll never know, "

I hate to inform you of this, but the reason you "didn't spook it" is because the deer may have eaten out of your hand if there were no corn at the feeder. You see, these hi dollar ranches that "guarantee" you a certain class buck have bought and paid for bucks all over the ranch that they feed on a normal basis in the same areas. They know where the bucks are going to be feeding like clockwork. There are huge bucks hanging on walls , mostly in the metro areas, shot by guys who have money, but no clue they shot a half tame animal. Does make for some good bragging on their hunting skills though. This is a multi million $ industry in Texas.

I am sure the Premier ranch is a nice place with some nice folks. If you want to pay that much for a buck that's your business. I am sure they even have some
                              great bucks there that are truly "wild" . As for me, I prefer to hunt low fence free ranging wild deer. I know the Premier has at least 2 high fenced pastures. No goats or exotics behind high fences either. One ranch I hunted, I almost had to get out of the truck to run the stupid goats off the road.

SMH....you just assume since they are high fence deer they are freakin pets....NEGATIVE. they are still whitetail deer. i worked at a deer breeding place this summer we were in the pens with deer everyday and they were not gentle at all. just sayin. yea if have the option to kill a 200inch low fence whitetail over a high fence i would choose low anyday, but all the high fence trash talkers would would shoot one in a heart beat if they were given the opportunity. just saying dont bash it until you have been there before, there is a difference between goats and whitetails

Comment

Working...
                              X