KJO or Extreme Bowhunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KJO or Extreme Bowhunting?

Hey guys, so I've been watching the threads trying to do some research on where to book a hunt at the end of the year and I've narrowed it down to KJO and Extreme Bowhunting.
    The last hunt we went on was to Bowhunters Paradise in January 2012 and it was far from a good experience. We were lied to the whole trip about the quantity and quality of animals on the ranch. So I've decided to find out what you guys would recommend. I'm looking for something that will be a great experience as well as a place where we'll have great chances on respectable axis, blackbuck, and fallow.
    Any recommendations??

Can only speak for kjo. Great place. Havent been to other place. Wouldnt mind tryin other places.

Comment

Haven't been to Extreme, only KJO. I love Keith's place! Last time I was there he had some nice blackbuck and axis. The fallow always allude me there.

Comment

Headed to KJO this weekend, provided my boat will start (LOL) I'll post a review after I get back.

Comment

I've narrowed down to these 2 also. Will be interested in reports. I will be taking adult son & daughter for a new experience.

Comment

Never been to Extreme bowhunting but I can tell you that you can't go wrong by going to KJO. Been to KJO several times and never had a bad time. Every time at KJO I have had shot opportunities but I'm a bit picky so I didn't kill every trip.

Comment

I've got a hunt booked for mid February at the KJO ranch. Love to get a nice blackbuck.
              Mitch

Comment

Isn't Bowhunters paradise the original extreme bowhunting? It's just new owner now with more animals? I've never been just thought I read that here.

Comment

My vote is for Extreme. I have been twice and both times had multiple opportunities at nice animals. My buddy shot a very nice aoudad and we both had chances at every exotic that comes with the package (good quality animals). We already have our deposit sent in for our 3rd trip of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                    Isn't Bowhunters paradise the original extreme bowhunting? It's just new owner now with more animals? I've never been just thought I read that here.
                    Exactly. When we went in 2012, he was in the process of trying to sell the ranch. You could tell that they had given up on maintaining the ranch too.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamseason View Post
                      My vote is for Extreme. I have been twice and both times had multiple opportunities at nice animals. My buddy shot a very nice aoudad and we both had chances at every exotic that comes with the package (good quality animals). We already have our deposit sent in for our 3rd trip of this year.
                      Good to hear!! I'm very torn between the two. I personally love the terrain of Extreme, but my dad is more of a hill-country guy. It's hard to choose

Comment

I have been to both and would pick EB every time.

Comment

Keith is moving his operation to Junction starting sometime in August. Totally different terrain and a new ranch house. Hoping to go there after he moves to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
                            Keith is moving his operation to Junction starting sometime in August. Totally different terrain and a new ranch house. Hoping to go there after he moves to check it out.
                            Do you know how big the ranch in Junction is going to be by chance?

Comment

Not sure, I've only seen some pictures. I can say the accommodations are greatly upgraded.

Comment

Working...
                              X