Hog hunting rookie - questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
    Dang ... you guys take it easy on the guy!

Anyway, txcalfrope, most of the people (and I stress MOST) that talk trash about high fenced operation have never set foot in one. This property could be your own little slice of heaven so don't let other's beliefs sway your decision.
    Exactly my thoughts. There's a big misperception from a lot of out-of-state hunters that high-fenced hunting is some sort of 'guarantee' and I've tried to equate it back to fishing a farm tank - just because it's confined or smaller doesn't necessarily make it any easier to set a hook. Therefore, coming back full circle, since I cannot speak to hunting a smaller, high-fenced piece of land with a bow, much less for hogs, I was curious how strong a group of bowhunters would support that doing so is still a lot of hard work (and fun!).

Saludos!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
      Dang ... you guys take it easy on the guy!

I don't think I said anything bad or harsh, just because I agree with something someone said and think he should have included that in his original post.

I hunt HF places a lot, but don't think I would ever hunt something that small. Just my feelings.

BTW - welcome to bowhunting, it is a blast and you will be hooked forever!
      Jeff Young

Comment

know of a few smaller HF ranches that are under 100 acres that you will struggle hunting the hogs unless there is a guide!! definately a challenge

Comment

Well welcome aboard for starters... one thing is for sure... lots of fun!
          I'd say go and have some fun over there... check the property, ask the neighbors about any important info on the terrain and the property itself, ask for a second or third opinion and take your decision, good luck!

Comment

Bring some corn and a pop up blind. Have a seat and kill you some hogs.If you shoot mech broadheads put two rubberbands on them when you shoot through mesh. Have fun take pics and bring ice chests. Maybe some insect spray because when you clean them the fleas and tics will eat you up.

Comment

Working...
            X