HuntnShoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HuntnShoot

My good friend Brooke and I went to HuntnShoot this past weekend and had a blast. I didnt kill as many as I would have liked but mostly my fault for missing or just messed up stalks. This was my third trip there and this time really had to work for the shots.
    We woke up to a pretty cold morning and with the time change everyone woke up a little later then we wanted to. After quickly getting ready we took off on the way to the stand. On the was to the stand in the morning I noticed something under the feeder. We started to stalk up to it in but noticed it was to big to be a pig. Turns out the rams were standing there. We climbed in the stand and waited for it to go off. After the feeder went off we sat for about 45 minutes watching the rams eat and decided to try stalking over to another stand Brian suggested and see if the pigs were haning out there. Well we began stalking over there and when we showed up all the corn was still there so we climbed in the stand to see if maybe they would show up. After about 40 minutes of no sighting or even hearing them we got bored and thought we would try stalking around. We climbed out and took off stalking. We hiked all over the ranch stopping and glassing the blowdowns and brush trying to find the pigs. Around noon we decided to head in and get some lunch and see how the others had done.
    After a little while at the camp the others who were rifle hunting the other side came in we talked about how the mornin went. Before we began to head out we stopped and talked to Brian for a little bit. He suggested a few spots that they bed in and we were off. We took off towards one of the spots he told us about and sure enought they were right where he said they would be.
    We were able to put a stalk on them and get a shot off but it was a bad shot and the hog was never found.
    For the rest of the day we followed the group of hogs and tried to close the distance but just couldnt seem to get in the right spot. Finally we spotted a group sleeping under some brush and thought we could get a shot at them. As we were sneeking up on em a couple of pigs snuck up behind us and blew the stalk. By now it was late in the afternoon and we were tired so we gave it one more try and as luck would have it I got a shot off and was able to connect. With a pig down and feeling pretty tired we went back to camp to clean her up and get cleaned up ourselves and head for home.
    I really had to work this time but man it made it that much better when I was able to ground check it. The ranch is great and Brian will do his best to get you a shot. He really worked his butt off with 4 rifle hunters to guide and still be able to come and help me out. If you are looking for a place to go hunt hogs you cant beat em.

Jake

Nice write up and congrats

Comment

HEy congrats but.....Click image for larger version

Name:	pichers1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	23832196

Comment

Lol I new that was coming but the only picture I have of it is on my phone

Comment

Working...
        X