Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixing it up: What makes a great shoot "great".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carbon extreme, last time i checked the atmosphere, ANYWHERE except NYC was a designated smoking area. You dont like my smoke, YOU walk away. Simple as that. WHY the H should i accomodate a thing for you when you wont do the same for me????? I pay the same amount of entry you do, so what makes you so special that anyone that smokes has to follow your wishes and directives?????? And if you stop going to shoots that allow smoking or put a can out so a smoker doesnt trash the place, then so be it. C ya later.

And dont you work at a location that has an accomodation for smokers outside of the building?? Or do they just allow smokers to throw their butts on the ground so you can pick them up later?? Or is every inch of CCR smoke free??

Comment

You compare smoking outside the building to smoking next to a shooter at the stake. Umm no. Just because it's outside doesn't mean it's not being discourteous. I think it's more like smoking next to me at my desk at work. I never said dont accomodate smokers. I simply said to go in to a non crowded area away from shooters and other non smokers. You know....courtesy?

1) I dont work for CCR. I just like to shoot there.
      2) You really think smoking at the stake with random assigned members (sometimes youth) is really a good time to express your constitutional rights?
      3) I bet you think second hand smoke is fake also? That's ok, don't worry about being courteous to your fellow shooter. Pass your cancer to the fellow next to you.

If you still wanna argue this, feel free to look me up at the next shoot. Why waste a good thread.
      Last edited by CarbonExtreme; 05-24-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Did I mention Cali starts for the summer shoots?

Comment

I am comparing smoking outside to smoking outside. You are saying that because I smoke, I should walk away. Well I say since you dont smoke, YOU walk away. Simple as pie. A couple of sand filled buckets along the trail so those who choose to smoke will have a place to dispose of the butt is a horrible idea? Really?? After seeing gatorade and water bottles laying all over the trail because shooters are too lazy to carry them to a trash can. And now I am the bad guy for asking for a place to keep from trashing up other peoples property.

I try to be as courteous to non smokers as I possibly can, I will never stand beside you or any other shooter at the stake with a cigarette. Never have never will. And I will also respect your rights as a non smoker as long as you do the same for me. And telling me to go to the parking lot is a heaping pile of crap IMO. Like I said before, I paid the exact same amount of entry fee as you, so I have the same access as you.

Comment

Originally posted by CutTheLoop View Post
            ...Also, I wouldn't want this to turn into a bash fest so to speak... let's keep it constructive and helpful, to the shooters as well as the hard working folks who put on these shoots.
            pretty please?

Comment

Fair enough bowhuntntxn. Perhaps I was oversensitive to the issue. My apologies.

My frustration was certainly not meant for you specifically and I understand your point. At the last shoot I attended, it was the first for 2 kids in my group and the mother sat there while the 4th in our group smoked next to the children. She was very displeased and being a non smoker I too found it hard to concentrate when shooting at the stake with wisps of smoke under my nose.

I think we both have valid points here and there is a happy medium. Apologies if I sounded harsh. I just had that picture in my head from before.

Comment

It should be FUN for everyone, regardless of skill level. Set a few challengers ans set alot of avg. shots. If someone shoots their highest score ever at your range, they WILL return to that range next year and many years to come even .

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
                  Also...when setting a range...be aware of the vertically challenged shooters as well as the vertically enhanced ones...many times what is a clear path for the tall guy becomes an impossible shot for the short one and vice versa...nuff said
                  Yeah, what shorty said.

Comment

I kinda of like variety in distances of shots. Don't be affraid to set a Turkey/Javi at 5 yards followed by the standing bear at 45. I get bored when I go from station to station and it is 41, 39, 42, 37, etc., etc.

Just my two cents

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                      One thing that would be very very nice would be butt cans at the stakes. You may not believe this, or may not do it yourselves, but there are people who smoke that shoot 3D. A butt can at the shooting stake, something as simple as a soup can with some sand in it, or even a coffee can with sand would mean that there is a place for the butts, and some respect for smokers. Believe it or not, we do not enjoy trashing up places by throwing our butts everywhere, but have very little option most of the time. And with the upcoming shoot at Young County, this could be a show stopper for me, and has already created an issue at a shoot they had earlier this year.
                      Well, all I can tell you is this:

The Archery Club of Young County has an agreement with the landowner and it entails not only no smoking, but also no consumption of alcoholic beverages or any types of drugs.

There are a few other basic rules that most other clubs have regarding safety and the respect of other shooters.

While we have members that are smokers, they understand the rules and respect them. They simply enjoy their cigs or beverages elsewhere and not on the property that has been so gratiously "loaned" to us for the sport of shooting 3D. To choose not to comply with these rules is not only disrepectful, it's also damaging to the relationship between a club and the landowner.

Rules are in place for a reason. If you don't feel that you should have to comply with the rules that are in place in regards to smoking and drinking......then by all means choose some place else to shoot.

While I'm always happy to see my brethren from the Greenscreen show up at our local shoots......I must say that I was thoroughly embarrassed to see that it was members from the Greenscreen that blatantly broke the rules by sitting around and drinking on the property after the shoot several months back. I know I made the rules clear (both on TBH & at the beginning of the shoot). I really didn't think I would have to babysit adults to be sure all complied with the rules. Boy, these fellas sure showed me how wrong I was to trust them. It won't happen a second time......lesson learned.

It's just really sad that people want to impose whatever "they" want to do and say the heck with everybody else and/or types of rules that have been set forth by a club they chose to visit.

I have always posted that everyone is welcome to attend and I always will. But at the same time, I have always made it known prior to anyone making plans to attend that there is no smoking/drinking at our club. Can't play by the rules.........stay home.

Greg

Comment

Variety of shooting situations and distances. Set up interesting, like between, thru, or under trees, thru brush, on a branch, elevated, or down in a bottom, with water behind it, moving, etc. Be especially aware of the short or tall and left handed shooters. I really like hard or the have to "think" shots, like what's the best way for my arrow to get to the target. Always enjoy food at the shoots, hamburgers, chips, candy, drinks.

Comment

Working...
                        X