You can't make this stuff up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    If they were really thinking this thru they could bid that naming out to alumni for BIG dollars. Forget that "University Loft" non sense............big contributors to that university that would be more than happy to have there name on a huge building for prosperity!!! Just saying!!!
    Isnt naming these places after people, and erecting statues what the snowflakes are protesting against? Seems like if you throw enough money at it and know the right people it doesn't really matter.

My question is what happens if people find this ego driven, self made, outspoken, fake tanning, real estate mogul, white guy, offensive.

In June 2010, the University of Houston announced a $40 million plan to renovate Hofheinz Pavilion. Ultimately in November 2015, the Board of Regents approved a $60 million complete re-design of the facility to open in 2018, funded in part by a $20 million gift from UH alum Tilman Fertitta. After the Hofheinz family objected to the building be renamed, the school and the family reached a settlement to honor Judge Hofheinz by building a plaza containing a bronze statue of him near the facility, which will be called Fertitta Center. In addition, the UH library will archive Hofheinz's historical records in a special section. Finally, UH will petition the city of Houston to change the name of Holman Street between Cullen Boulevard and Scott Street to honor the Hofheinz family.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
      Isnt naming these places after people, and erecting statues what the snowflakes are protesting against? Seems like if you throw enough money at it and know the right people it doesn't really matter.

My question is what happens if people find this ego driven, self made, outspoken, fake tanning, real estate mogul, white guy, offensive.
      How about naming rights to a corporate entity? Heck, I like the sound of TBH LOFTS if they want to write the check for it! The Hilton School of Hospitality rocks at UH...........actually nationally acclaimed! WE all can find excuses to why something cant work, lets find a reason why they CAN work.

Comment

If they were really thinking this thru they could bid that naming out to alumni for BIG dollars. Forget that "University Loft" non sense............big contributors to that university that would be more than happy to have there name on a huge building for prosperity!!! Just saying!!!
        Never let an opportunity to make money go to waste.

OH wait! Did I just agree with you on something?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          Never let an opportunity to make money go to waste.

OH wait! Did I just agree with you on something?
          There ya geaux.........there is always a way to find an agreement when folks actually try.

Comment

I'm betting "Calhoun" county is on the hit list... What a total bunch of ridiculous BS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              I'm betting "Calhoun" county is on the hit list... What a total bunch of ridiculous BS!!!!!
              Being from St. John the Baptist Parish, I think Beauregard Parish sucks.......lol! (not because the name, aint crap there!)

Comment

There ya geaux.........there is always a way to find an agreement when folks actually try.
                That sounds like something Rodney King would say.

Comment

Originally posted by Coup de Grace View Post
                  That sounds like something Rodney King would say.
                  Better than something that reminds you of my homeboy David Duke.....lol. [emoji33] [emoji106] [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I guess, a crack head and a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Coup de Grace View Post
                      Well I guess, a crack head and a hater.
                      U know what they say about drug addicts in the new era we live in.......it's a sickness!!![emoji102] [emoji19] No idea what Dukes problem was/is! I will keep praying for him though.[emoji120]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Duke's problem is he's a Democrat.....

Last edited by Thumper; 09-18-2017, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X