The Pittman Robertson act.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B Littleton View Post
    So, because of personal experience amounting to $280 in fines a decade ago, you would support legislation that would undermine 100 years of hunter driven conservation in this country? Not to mention the absolutely devastating effect public land transfer/privatization would have on the $646 billion/year outdoor recreation industry?

Did he say that? Was that the discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Every year, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service reviews hunting and fishing programs on National Wildlife Refuges to determine whether it should add new opportunities and modify existing opportunities. This year, the Service has proposed to open or expand hunting on nine Refuges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

And those same areas would never be opened if a democrat had won the last potus election. That's just a fact of life now.
      In my area, our federal refuge was a fiefdom of the manager. And the 4 years we had an antihunter running it, it was basically off limits to hunters. It rained? The roads closed. It's hot? Close it because someone might drop a cigarette butt and cause a fire. During hunting season, all 2 days of it, the gates opened at 7am, after daylight, closed at 5pm. If you got caught behind them, you got a trespassing ticket the next morning. Hunting ducks? Let him check your vehicle and find a rifle cartridge. Your poaching deer. It was one harassment after another, and it took years to get him transferred to someplace else. So there are instances when federal oversite is an infringement, and the attitude of the Feds filters down from the top. Now, we are seeing reversals of obama policy shutting down millions of acres of federal lands for hunting. I hope it continues for the next 4 years.

Comment

Working...
      X