What has Trump done that was bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by banzai View Post
    Trump and Sessions have supported the continuation of civil asset forfeiture activities by law enforcement agencies without the requirement of criminal conviction of the private property owner. If cash and property is obtained through criminal activity, then show me the conviction before you take it, otherwise the citizen cannot defend themselves. If a person is caught and convicted for breaking a law for significant personal enrichment, then confiscate the proceeds of the criminal activity.

I support just about everything that Trump has done except civil asset forfeiture without criminal conviction and the fact that his DOJ did not put a hard stop on his opponents starting up the Russian hacking / collusion false accusations from the very beginning. It has been months of investigation, wasting money and time, and they have no evidence of any crimes, zero indictments, and zero charges.
    I did not know that either. That is a serious issue. Blantently unconstitutional.

Comment

Trump and Sessions have supported the continuation of civil asset forfeiture activities by law enforcement agencies without the requirement of criminal conviction of the private property owner. If cash and property is obtained through criminal activity, then show me the conviction before you take it, otherwise the citizen cannot defend themselves. If a person is caught and convicted for breaking a law for significant personal enrichment, then confiscate the proceeds of the criminal activity.

I support just about everything that Trump has done except civil asset forfeiture without criminal conviction and the fact that his DOJ did not put a hard stop on his opponents starting up the Russian hacking / collusion false accusations from the very beginning. It has been months of investigation, wasting money and time, and they have no evidence of any crimes, zero indictments, and zero charges.
      Originally posted by miket View Post
      I did not know that either. That is a serious issue. Blantently unconstitutional.
      It's bad if used a lot.

But I see why they would do it when seizing millions in a drug sting. Would be stupid to bust a person with millions in cash with a 99% conviction at hand and let them use it all on a good lawyer/s.

They should be able to lock up the money at least until the person is convicted or not.

I'm just babbling though. I know nothing on this issue.

Comment

Wasn't aware of this. Do you have specific cases or sources you could share with us? THX.

Comment

This is my biggest problem with Sessions. He is not libertarian friendly. Same with his war on MJ he wants. I was hoping the rift that has begun between them will end this soon. Both are unconstitutional and Structuring laws make CAF even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            Never in our history has a First Lady ever posed for Playboy until now.....
            So you got the hots for Hillary and want to see her nekkid?

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
              All these post and no one has mentioned he eats his steak well done and with ketchup.
              OH NO! How horrible!
              He must be a Nazi then.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                It's bad if used a lot.

But I see why they would do it when seizing millions in a drug sting. Would be stupid to bust a person with millions in cash with a 99% conviction at hand and let them use it all on a good lawyer/s.

They should be able to lock up the money at least until the person is convicted or not.

I'm just babbling though. I know nothing on this issue.
                This is more on a state level, but when its abused and it is frequently, its not just millions its whatever the person has on them.

Just google asset forfeiture Tenaha, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                  This is more on a state level, but when its abused and it is frequently, its not just millions its whatever the person has on them.

Thanks for the source. Eye opening

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post

I believe Banzai was referring to the federal "kingpin law". While this law had good intentions in its original passage, there has definitely been some overreaching on the Feds part. When Grandma and Grandpa have their farm confiscated because someone, unbeknownst to them, was growing marijuana on their land, that's a little hard to stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      Wasn't aware of this. Do you have specific cases or sources you could share with us? THX.
                      Here is a an article from Forbes magazine that describes specific cases:

It is from 2014, but the citizens are still subject to the same confiscation risk today.
                      Last edited by banzai; 08-22-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Waiting for Slicktrick to reply to this thread still.

With something other than name calling.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          Waiting for Slicktrick to reply to this thread still.

With something other than name calling.
                          Stop it!

Comment

Bump Stock ban and he "Doesn't like" suppressors

Comment

Stole money from his own charity that was benefiting veterans - Fined $2 million.

Scammed people out of millions of dollars with Trump University - Paid out $25 million 2 weeks before he took office.

Welcomed help from Russia on his 2016 campaign.

Obstructed the Russia investigation

Has told over 12,000 lies to the public since 1/20/2017

Broke campaign finance laws by paying off a Playboy model and a p0rn star to keep quiet about his affairs while having a wife and baby at home - A model Christian

Extorted Ukraine by holding up military aide until they publicly announced an investigation into 2 of trump's conspiracy theories.

Here are a few Trump associates that have been burned just by being involved with him. Does anyone think it is odd that all these people around him fall, but so many of you think Trump is totally innocent? "Birds of a feather..."

Michael Flynn, Trump’s national security adviser, on one count of lying to the FBI

Rick Gates, Trump’s former deputy campaign manager and Manafort protégé, on one count of conspiracy against the United States and one count of making false statements to FBI agents

George Papadopoulos, a low-level Trump foreign policy adviser, for making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Russians during the campaign

Michael Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer and fixer, who pleaded guilty to lying to Congress about a possible Trump Organization real estate project in Moscow that was under consideration during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, who pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy against the US and one count of conspiracy to obstruct justice.

Roger Stone, a longtime Trump friend and adviser, is currently on trial for his alleged interactions with WikiLeaks, the organization that released emails from the Clinton campaign stolen by Russia.Rudy will surely be indicted

Lev Parnas and Egor Fruman - Indicted for violated campaign finance law and conspired to use foreign money to buy political influence

**Nothing to see here. These are not the droids you are looking for**
                              Last edited by ballsie; 11-12-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ballsie View Post
                                Scammed people out of millions of dollars with Trump University - Paid out $25 million 2 weeks before he took office.
                                I never really understood this one. I mean I dont really get most of them, but what are people upset about here, it wasnt an actual "university"?

Comment

Working...
                                X