Even sports is now ruined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    By the msm? If you believe that I'm afraid you have early signs of dementia.
    No, of course not. O had his cheerleading media sites, just like W and Trump. I do concede that it seems worse for Trump, but I think the media is more in everybody's face these days and politics have gotten a little out of hand. Just like it showing up in sports and what not.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bushwacker361 View Post
      I agree, both sides are guilty when it comes to nasty news against the opposing President, so, I turned to sports. Sports should be like hallowed ground, a place where everyone, regardless of how you vote, can feel free to come together and root for their team. I'm a Cowboys fan and I'm a conservative, yet I know there are people that have opposing political views that also root for the Cowboys. Both sides have always come together at peoples homes, at sports bars, at the stadium, or wherever, and those political views are checked at the door.
      And ole' Bob is one of the reasons why the Olympics tank in the ratings, that's for sure. But Bob doesn't do football, so this isn't on him.

It's a shame...........
      Actually, sports has always been the FIRST battleground arena post our uncivil war.
      (Jack Johnson (prize fighting), Jackie Robinson (baseball), Curt Flood (baseball), Fritz Pollard (football), Charlie Sifford (golf), Jesse Owens (track & field), Wilma Rudolf (track & field).
      Every one of them had the weight of the world on there shoulders as it related to citizenship, patriotism, and race. Just the way it is.........and this too will pass, trust me. WE have always become better in the long run!!! Just ride the ferry, WE will cross the river soon enough.

Comment

Even sports is now ruined

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Actually, sports has always been the FIRST battleground arena post our uncivil war.

(Jack Johnson (prize fighting), Jackie Robinson (baseball), Curt Flood (baseball), Fritz Pollard (football), Charlie Sifford (golf), Jesse Owens (track & field), Wilma Rudolf (track & field).

Every one of them had the weight of the world on there shoulders as it related to citizenship, patriotism, and race. Just the way it is.........and this too will pass, trust me. WE have always become better in the long run!!! Just ride the ferry, WE will cross the river soon enough.

Great post and I would add Nate Northington to the list. 50 years is not that long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
          Great post and I would add Nate Northington to the list. 50 years is not that long ago.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...yer/103584396/
          Yessir..............and the rest of the story:
          Soon thereafter Bear Bryant scheduled a game against USC. This was specifically planned to illustrate to Alabama fans how the game was being changed. They were severely exposed offensively and defensively. The Tide loss the game in Los Angeles Coliseum on national television, .........and soon integrated their team with much less chaos from their fan-base.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
            Rediculously one-sided comment. O got bashed just like the others from day 1 till the end. Anybody that cant agree to that wasn't paying attention or was too busy bashing him themselves.

Birddog you're wasting your time try to interject reason into this. Of Course Fox News never bashed Obama, of course Drudge, Brietbart, newsmax, talk radio, One America Network, the Blaze, all of us conservatives on TBH never bashed him over his 8 year term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
              Birddog you're wasting your time try to interject reason into this. Of Course Fox News never bashed Obama, of course Drudge, Brietbart, newsmax, talk radio, One America Network, the Blaze, all of us conservatives on TBH never bashed him over his 8 year term.

Hey, stop that!!!
              Stop following all the outlets I follow.......lol! That puts you "outside the box!"
              Sir, you are severely contributing to messing up the historical narrative! LMAO!!!
              Last edited by Landrover; 08-20-2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Exactly why I stopped watching pro foot ball. Only college for me. Plus I get more time in the stand. Ain't nobody got time for all that wussy yuppie crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post

I know, I dont know what came over me......

Comment

The NFL is destroying itself from the inside. So now pro Kapernick supporters are threatening to boycott if he doesn't play.....and the fans who can't stand that crap have been bailing out in droves. They want to play politics by allowing these leftist a voice during the game....then prepare for your demise.

Comment

ESPN is just as guilty as the news networks in only offering content and discussing issues that they feel polarize opinions and therefore attract more viewers or listeners. Some really smart people at the networks know and understand what motivates the target market and will allow them to sell more advertising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X