Rename military bases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rename military bases?

I don't think this will happen under the current administration but under a Democrat, it could.

Some of the Army’s biggest and most iconic posts are named after Confederate officers: Fort Hood, Fort Bragg, Fort Benning, and seven others.

I spent time at Ft.Benning, Ft. Bragg, Ft. Polk, and even Camp Beauregard and renaming them would tick off more than Southerners, IMO.

So you don't think our boys want to be stationed at and train at Fort Che Guevara?

I'm amazed at who those oppositional to these names revere as heroes

Comment

This is the direction everything is going right now. Once I heard about the USS Gabrielle Giffords, I knew it was just the beginning.

Comment

Got a few ideas for some new post/camp/base names.

USMC. Camp (Caitlyn) Jenner
        Army. Ft. Farrakhan
        Air Force. **Air Station Che Guevara
        Navy. USS Valerie Jarrett.

** copyright Playa 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          Got a few ideas for some new post/camp/base names.

USMC. Camp (Caitlyn) Jenner
          Army. Ft. Farrakhan
          Air Force. **Air Station Che Guevara
          Navy. USS Valerie Jarrett.

** copyright Playa 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Well played Mr Sweet!

Comment

Had not heard about this one. But back in the spring I was talking with two high school classmates (both Sergeant Majors) about a couple bases closing. We were trying to get on some military base hunts , thus the insight. It appears more military bases will close based on current technology, out sourcing and fast coming technologies before this name change stuff happens. Military Base closings have been ongoing since President Reagan but got accelerated with President Bush...If memory serves me correctly! Some dang good hunting grounds around the nation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Had not heard about this one. But back in the spring I was talking with two high school classmates (both Sergeant Majors) about a couple bases closing. We were trying to get on some military base hunts , thus the insight. It appears more military bases will close based on current technology, out sourcing and fast coming technologies before this name change stuff happens. Military Base closings have been ongoing since President Reagan but got accelerated with President Bush...If memory serves me correctly! Some dang good hunting grounds around the nation.

Base closings were initiated by Mr. Clinton I thought?

Comment

I stand corrected, the doctrine of base realignment & closures was initiated in 1988. There have been 5 rounds since then

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  I stand corrected, the doctrine of base realignment & closures was initiated in 1988. There have been 5 rounds since then
                  Good deal. Been forever. It kills community's when bases close but tax payer dollars are on the line. My parents lost theirs but now go to a navy base 30 minutes further away.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Good deal. Been forever. It kills community's when bases close but tax payer dollars are on the line. My parents lost theirs but now go to a navy base 30 minutes further away.

Yep, Lubbock lost Reese AFB during the Clinton admin. It was a hit to the local economy, but it survived. The base is now used as a Jr College extension campus and research facility. Most importantly they saved the golf course . (dang airmen!)

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      Yep, Lubbock lost Reese AFB during the Clinton admin. It was a hit to the local economy, but it survived. The base is now used as a Jr College extension campus and research facility. Most importantly they saved the golf course . (dang airmen!)
                      Bingo!!!! Same in south Louisiana. [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                      X