The Other "Cam" On Your Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Other "Cam" On Your Bow

Hey yall, I'm trying to get some recommendations on a good bow mounted camera. Something that takes clear videos and good sound quality.

You won't be able to achieve good sound quality without a shotgun mic imo. But you would be surprised what a smart phone can do. I use the bow finger 3.0 mount and really enjoy it.

Comment

I have an Xcel camera and like it

Comment

I have been playing with that camera to and have been impressed thus far

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
          I have been playing with that camera to and have been impressed thus far
          the problem I've had is being sure the thing turns on... when i shot the spike this year i had hit the button but it didn't start recording there for i had no video to review the shot on.... which wasn't a big deal on that deer since i watched him take off with my erra stickin outta him

Comment

If you are trying to video what you are shooting I would advise a camera tree arm and a video camera. If you are trying to film yourself with the draw and release I would go with a Spypoint Xcel HD or a GoPro.

I've noticed on a lot youtube videos the action cameras shake once the bow is shot (you might get the perfect video, you might not) and unless the deer is within 15 yards the deer looks like it is out at 40+ yards.

Comment

ATN shot trak.

Buy Digital Night Vision at 🎯 ATN 🎯. Review and best price for sale on Digital Night Vision Devices for hunting.

Works perfect on a bow

Comment

Originally posted by Jfrank View Post
                ATN shot trak.

Buy Digital Night Vision at 🎯 ATN 🎯. Review and best price for sale on Digital Night Vision Devices for hunting.

Works perfect on a bow
                At 30fps, you are going to be disappointed with the video. As a comparison, the GoPro 4 and 5 are 120fps at 1080p. The best bet is to use a video camera on an arm or place a Gopro close to the action. I keep waiting for Tacticam(60fps) to increase their frame rate, as this is probably the best bow-mounted camera.

Comment

Working...
                X