Trad Shop in San Antonio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad Shop in San Antonio?

My brother-in-law came to visit us about a month ago and I got him shooting my Samick Sage over the weekend. He had a really good time with it and said he might look into getting one of his own sometime in the near future. Well apparently he got bit by the bug, my father-in-law told me tonight that he hasn't stopped talking about it since then and he's looking for a shop in the San Antonio area that he could go shoot a few bows.

He's right handed but left eye dominant. He didn't have that hard of a time shooting my right handed bow, but he really wants to shoot a lefty just to see if it might work for him better (shoots shotguns left handed). Do any of yall know of a shop/bowyer in the area that would stock left handed bows? Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving!

I think Bob had a couple the last time I was there.

Comment

Gassmans did have a good selection of traditional stuff last time I was in there, but it has been a couple of years.

Comment

Is Gassmans still open? Haven't been there in years. As for local shops that deal in Trad, I only know of Fred's Bow Shop just off Nacogdoches and Naco Perrin. However, you'll do yourself a great disservice if you don't pay a visit to Mr. Sarrels.

Comment

Call David Oakes. He lives in San Antonio and may have something he can shoot. He also keeps some trad supplies in stock. Otherwise make tha trip to Austin and see Bob..

Comment

David Oakes flat and long bows seem a little shocky, but he makes a nice recurve, his shop is called Brush Country Bows. Mesquite Archery (ph# 2102568004) off Kenwick next to Bandera Road was suppose to get a supply of Bob Lee Bows. But Scott can definitely tell you how to get in contact with David Oakes.

Comment

Working...
            X