Aoudad/Nilgai Set Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enewman View Post
    I think it would be great to meet Dr Ashby. What A large amount of knowledge.
    Sorry bud saw all this crap posted like we don't already know and we are all idiots. Ya know me, ima call a spade a spade.

Comment

Ragin. Im not saying you are wrong. No wonder your screen name is RAGIN' lol. I think its funny you get bent outta shape and think im a read it all internet guru. Thank you for your wise wisdom RAGIN. And i never said yall were idiots or completely wrong about anything. Check any post in here. Not once did I say yall were wrong. Im not here to **** you off or anyone else for that matter. I want to continue to learn about a sport I love too. So now you feel you need to embarass or make me feel like less of so.

Good luck to you this season Ragin. Sorry to get ya all bent outta shape. It was not my intenetion. I appologize to the original poster and wish everyone the best of luck this season.

Ragin once again im sorry for all the miscommunication. The unfortunate part is if we were standing in person we would prolly get along just fine on an arrow that you or I set up.

Good luck on the Aoudad/Nilgai hunt!
      Last edited by RNTChris; 10-11-2013, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RNTChris View Post
        The unfortunate part is if we were standing in person we would prolly get along just fine on an arrow that you or I set up.

Good luck on the Aoudad/Nilgai hunt!
        Possibility.

Comment

When is the OP going hunting for Nilgia, wanna hear about some field testing? I'm heading down south to chase them next month with my set-up, not sure if I'll use the T3's but, I'm running 340 Hexx's @ 30" and may switch to Muzzy 100 grns, I know those BH will work.

Comment

The only nalgi i ever shot was 10 yards with a bear trx set at 63 lbs. With a 100 grain steel force.. pass through and never even concedered weather it was good or not... maybe i should have...

Comment

Originally posted by wyliescrib View Post
              The only nalgi i ever shot was 10 yards with a bear trx set at 63 lbs. With a 100 grain steel force.. pass through and never even concedered weather it was good or not... maybe i should have...
              :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by wyliescrib View Post

see, now thats my story. both nilgai cows i've shot with the bow were shot with what i happened to be carrying when opportunity knocked.

doesn't mean that if i'm going nilgai hunting on purpose hoping for a bull that i'd choose the same set up.

Comment

I agree we all know that we can kill with a lite arrow. I just want to increase my chances all I can. Plus my 572 gn at 250 fps my bow is sure quiet at the shot.

My thought on the thing is I have killed a lot of animal with my admiral at 250 fps with a 425 gn arrow. I now can shoot the same speed with a 572 gn arrow so why not. Plus I'm at 26 % f.o.c.

Comment

I agree almost any set up will work under the right conditions. If I were sitting in stand with a 350 grain arrow and the opportunity presented itself it would not cause me not to take the shot. But when I know I am specifically after 1 particular animal that is known to be tuff as a $2 steak I will adjust my eq accordingly. That is what he is doing. Goin critter specific.

Comment

Working...
                    X