Old Bear Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Bear Bow

$240.00. In resale shop in Pagosa Springs if anyone interested. BTW is that a good price?

Store is called Memory Lane. Should have a web site.

If you could contact Earl Bateman, I bet he could tell you about it and its worth.

I don't have a clue other than to know it is a real old one!

Bisch

Comment

I don't have the cash. Co and Africa trip planned.

Just posted in case someone was interested.

Hi Bisch.

Comment

To much. I would go maybe 175$

Comment

Looks to be 1953

Comment

the Highest Static Tip Kodiak I can find on the Bay went for $189.99 so there you have it.

Comment

I offered a $100 and they laughed.

Comment

I think 150 is good, don't you? Haha just kiddin but a beautiful looking bow just by the tips and old riser

Comment

I don't know much about them other than I wish someone would GIVE me one.

I thought that if you found one with the decals intact they were worth more.

Comment

Notice that the decal says patent applied for. The patent was granted in 1953.
                    1949 and 1950 bows had an aluminum lamination and this one does not. One other clue would be the decal of the Bear. My first impression is 1951 to 1953.

That bow is what called a static recurve with brush nocks. I own several of them but have yet to get around to stringing one of them and playing with it. Someday soon I will do that as I desire to take a deer with a bow that is as old as I am.

Pricewise; the collector bow market is pretty soft right now. I never paid anywhere close to $240 at the peak of the market for similar bows. I would say that it is worth whatever you are willing to pay for a neat example of archery history. If you don't own one and would like to, then try to make a little better deal. $240 is not all that much in today's dollars.

Comment

60 D, if you havent shot a Static Tip your in for a treat. I have a '53 Grizzly Id like to take a Deer with.

Comment

Originally posted by Restless View Post
                        60 D, if you havent shot a Static Tip your in for a treat. I have a '53 Grizzly Id like to take a Deer with.
                        Someday soon. I have four to chose from. Two with brush nocks. I will probably have to build a string first, though.

At the moment I am eyeballing a 62 Kodiak Special that looks like an overfed 1960. Just curious how that fat grip will feel compared to the 59 I am presently playing with.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                          Someday soon. I have four to chose from. Two with brush nocks. I will probably have to build a string first, though.

At the moment I am eyeballing a 62 Kodiak Special that looks like an overfed 1960. Just curious how that fat grip will feel compared to the 59 I am presently playing with.
                          I have one on the Rack shot some 3D its quite a bit larger in feel but a sweet shooter

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I'm not really in the market. Just passing it on in case someone else was interested.

Comment

Working...
                            X