Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leupold Scope Problem (zoom knob hard to turn)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold Scope Problem (zoom knob hard to turn)

Anyone have a problem with a VERY hard to turn magnification/zoom knob on a Leupold scope? I've got a scope that is about 1 year old and the zoom knob is extremely difficult to turn. Is this a problem with a DIY solution or does it need to be sent to Leupold? It is a Vari-X II 3-9x40. Thanks

Some scopes are just pretty snug.... I saw something on a shooting show the other
    night that clamps on the adjuster ring, and has a little arm on it... gives you a lot
    more leverage to turn it.... looked pretty neat.. mine is hard to adjust becuase it
    sits so low on the action... I can't always reach the small raised piece to turn
    it.. ( I almost left an answer here that was gonna be twisted against me... but I
    caught it )

Comment

Had a couple of different leupolds with the same problem. I never did anything about it. I am sure leupold will fix it though.

Comment

I had the same problem with some varx2s. tried everything myself. sent them back and they took care of them

Comment

Loosen the lock screw..

Comment

Make sure the rings are right and the scope is not to tight in the rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
              Loosen the lock screw..
              There is no lock screw on this scope.

Comment

I have a half a dozen Leupold scopes and all of them are stiff. They loosen up just a little with use but this is just how they are made and I doubt there is anything wrong with your scope.

Comment

Working...
                X