Educate me- driveway alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    I have 2, 10 foot cattle gates at the beginning of the driveway. We close it and wrap a chain around it during construction so it looks locked. I’d rather not have to unlock a padlock every time we enter or exit- especially when is minus zero temps here in the Montana winter.

Thanks for other good feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s why they make automatic gate openers lol!! Good luck with the alarm!

Comment

I have a Guardline. Been using it for 1.5 years with no issues. I use a sensor at front gate, and one at back feeder with different tones. Zones are easy to turn off if there is too much traffic in and out, or i dont wanna know if there are hogs at 230 am. Good product and American made

Comment

I ordered the same eMarcos unit (same sensor, different receiver) from Amazon. UPS delivered yesterday. We will be setting it up today. Will post results in a few days. If it works well we will be adding two more sensors at different locations.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
          A gate without with a keypad solves all problems!

We got tired of people showing up all the time. I have a neighbor that has one of these on his feeder behind his house and it will alert him in his bedroom at night. He has shot a ton of hogs this way.
          I have used Chamberlin on the approach to my front and back door and on my deer feeder for several years. I get lots of hogs that way.

Comment

I have that same one watching over a feeder at night for hogs. Works great.

Comment

I've got the one recommended by Amazon too. I have two sensors about 100-150 yards from the house to let me know when animals are at the feeders. It's worked well for the 9 months I've had it. Only downside for me is that it doesn't have a buzzer or silent option such as flashing LEDs; it's chimes only at the receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellen View Post
                I ordered the same eMarcos unit (same sensor, different receiver) from Amazon. UPS delivered yesterday. We will be setting it up today. Will post results in a few days. If it works well we will be adding two more sensors at different locations.
                We set this alarm up yesterday and we are really impressed. The sensor at the gate is about 150 yards from the receiver in the house. The installation and set-up were super simple. The sensor is picking up vehicle movement well outside the stated ranges and human/deer movement within the stated ranges. The chime is loud and clear. Assuming it continues to perform I don't think you can beat it for the price.

Comment

Looks pretty cool to me. Solar is a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    We’re finishing our retirement home and it’s about 200 yards from the gate to the house. I’d like to know if somebody is driving towards the house- social during the day and security at night.

This is amazon’s top choice, most reviews look good. Anybody have experience with one and should I be spending more than $68.00?

I've got this one at 414 yds and it has worked great for about a year now. At one point i did have to bring it into the house to recharge. I moved it to have more sun and it's been fine since.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellen View Post
                      We set this alarm up yesterday and we are really impressed. The sensor at the gate is about 150 yards from the receiver in the house. The installation and set-up were super simple. The sensor is picking up vehicle movement well outside the stated ranges and human/deer movement within the stated ranges. The chime is loud and clear. Assuming it continues to perform I don't think you can beat it for the price.
                      I am thinking of getting one of these for my driveway, but I don't have constnt sun all day in my probale location and wonder if a 3-4 hour solar charge will power it all night and until the next sun cycle.

Comment

I don't know. The instructions say to place it in full sun and I think I read in the Q&A that 5-6 hours was good. We had hoped to put ours on the right side of our entrance but, the left side gets much more direct sunlight so we put it there instead. It wouldn't be an issue if you didn't have to take the whole unit down to charge the battery but, that's the way it works and that just seems like it would be a huge PIA every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          I am thinking of getting one of these for my driveway, but I don't have constnt sun all day in my probale location and wonder if a 3-4 hour solar charge will power it all night and until the next sun cycle.

There are battery-only units

Comment

I got the unit from amazon, installed it and it’s working like a charm. I did some tests and it picked up our lab at the gate 20’ away. My wife feels more comfortable knowing if somebody is on the property headed towards the house if I’m not here.

Thanks for everybody’s help!

Comment

Working...
                            X