Bad Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Timing

I hunt a small place (80 ac) with a creek bottom and not a high population but have seen 6 different bucks so far this year. Half of them meet the AR rules.

Yesterday AM was in the tripod and about 8:30 I watch a small 5-pt walk the fence, cross under the fence at the water gap and start down the creekbed towards me. Well, never saw him again!!!! The creekbed is deep enough I can't even see the tips of their antlers--and he just disappeared. Didn't go up the hill, come on through the creekbed, or go back through the fence that I saw. Only explanation I have is that he got in the sun and evaporated!

Last night, hunted my other stand. About sunset, had a good 15-16" heavy 8 come in. Presented me with broadside shots and quartering away both sides, and all I did was draw, aim, think "release" and then let down. Why you ask? Well had too much to do last night and am leaving town this morning for 3 days, and didn't have time to take care of the venison.

Oh well, he'll be back next time. And, I know the "No Picture" rule, but when I pull the game cam card next time I'll post up his picture, as he got "flashed" at least 3 times.

Sure was a great hunt though.

i'm new... what is the "No Picture" rule?

Comment

sounds like a good new place you found

Comment

Originally posted by jycavazos1 View Post
        i'm new... what is the "No Picture" rule?
        No picture=didn't happen

Comment

Working...
        X