Anyone Hunt In Menard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Hunt In Menard

I just got on a lease between Eden and Menard and haven't been down there yet. If you have hunted down there this year or just been scouting what kind of shape are the deer in? Have they started rutting yet?

Thanks in advance.

Very Good Area to Hunt, big deer and good genetics. Good luck, you should love it!

Comment

Great area! Lots of good deer.
      I hunt between Brady and Menard. Saw a young 8 pt. trying to chase some does at the end of last week, but no real rut yet. You'll see a little of it, but wait a few more weeks. It's usually in high gear by Thanksgiving.

Comment

This is our first season in Menard as well but bow season was a lot of fun. You will see a lot of animals. I have yet to take anything (by choice) but I have had plenty of opportunities. As far as the rut goes, I did see a little activity the last time we were down but I would call it more of a pre-rut. The bucks were fighting and the younger bucks were pushing does but the does are not receptive yet so I wouldn't call it the rut. The old-timers on the lease say it will take place in a few weeks. I am going prepared this weekend to do a little rattling or put out a little doe estrous if they look like they are rutting early. Good luck to you on Saturday.

Comment

10 points in the 130's are in that area.

Comment

mr.burns owns a lot of that property, i have hunted some of his places and saw plenty of big bucks...

Comment

Thanks for the information guys. Heading to bed for an early rise and some morning hunting.

Comment

Working...
              X