Who has a Roku?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has a Roku?

Saw one to day and it looks Awsome. Saw all the movies and tv shows it has. The outdoor shows is cool and lots of them. All for 59 or so dollars. What's the catch? Anyone found one yet?

What features are you looking for exactly? I just bought a chromecast for my girlfriends tv and it is awesome.

Comment

I have one, it works great, and there are a million of thing to watch but it is still limited on what you can see. But overall, I like it. I have Netflix & Amazon Prime

Comment

I have ROKU 3 and I love it. Bye bye direct tv!

Comment

Luv mine. Havent run into any glitches

Comment

our bill went from $107/month to $18/month with Roku. We have Netflix and Hulu. The only thing I don't like so far is there are no local channels, no sports (not sure how I am going to get around this come football season), and the hunting shows are limited (unless you subscribe to a certain channel). If you are in an area that allows it you can probably get local channels with the new antenna's they have available today. I do miss the Meat Eater but I am just learning Roku and don't know what their hunting channels offer that you have to subscribe, might have to try a few for a month to see what is good.

Comment

I have 2 of them. Used them for a few months thinking I would drop the satellite bill but didn't happen. If you like to watch a lot of movies and not much else it might be alright. I'm not a big movie person and even when we tried to watch a movie on Netflix we found very few decent movies.

Comment

Just got the Roku 3. Got Netflix and a decent indoor antenna. Cut the cord with Direct TV. Couldn't be happier. Saving $80 a month now.

Granted, we're not huge TV watchers, but we enjoy TV. We're just okay with seeing shows a year or more after they originally aired .

Very liberating!

Also just cancelled Sirius and downloaded Pandora, which is free.

Comment

We have had the roku box about 6 months now and I can't complain. My only thing I didn't like at first was no local news channels, but a quick trip to walmart to get antenna fix that.

Comment

we have had one for years. tons of movies ,documentaries, tv ,and more. the channel store has more channels then you need. we mostly watch Netflix and amazon which you have to have subscriptions to. still alot cheaper then satellite. there is even e bowhunter channel I found (not the best) but if more people watch then maybe it will get better.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Is this better than Google TV?

Comment

I have 2 Rokus and 1 Google TV.

The Roku is awesome because it always works, reads lots of different formats and is really trouble-free. I don't watch any content on it, I just use it to play my media library that is hooked up to my network.

Google TV is great, but very buggy. It comes with a keyboard, which is nice for searching. Also, you can surf the internet on your tv. However, I usually just use my phone for that.

Overall, I would recommend Roku over Google TV.

Comment

They work great no problems here with two of them.

Comment

We have it and use it a lot. Only down side is I can't watch the Rangers if I get rid of the Dish.

Comment

We have a couple of the Roku 3 boxes. We cancelled cable nearly a year ago, and even after maintaining a Hulu and a Netflix account, I don't miss paying an extra $100 per month for TV.

I ripped all of our DVD's to .mp4, and put them on a hard drive, which is also hooked to the Roku. It sure cuts down on the clutter in the house. Some of the media boxes today do not have a USB for a hard drive, this was a deal breaker when I was shopping around.

I had a Boxee before, and it worked OK, but was buggy as all get out, and none of the providers wanted to play along with them, so I sold it.

Comment

Working...
                              X