X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheaper than Dirt at it again

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
      You're right. I don't own a store selling ammo.. Larry Potterfield does though. Go check what he does in times where he can "easily get 2 times the price on something" and he seems to be doing just fine as a man of chatacter.
      Interesting that he just cancelled my backorders on cases of 22LR that are over a year old, when they said they never cancel backorders. Seems he had rather bust open the cases and sell it at a higher price these days.

Comment

Found you some.... sortof....

http://www.nereloading.com/index.php...000-count.html

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
          Interesting that he just cancelled my backorders on cases of 22LR that are over a year old, when they said they never cancel backorders. Seems he had rather bust open the cases and sell it at a higher price these days.
          There are several things that can cause a back order from Midway to cancel. Like maybe your debit card expired. But I doubt that it was due to " busting open the cases and sell it at a higher prices" Have you asked them?

Comment

Might wanna check your spam folder. He has sent me 3 different emails about a 22lr backorder I have with them offering first dibs on some 22lr that might be a suitable "close second"... I accepted a couple of them and still have a backorder on some other stuff with them.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLID EAGLE View Post
              There are several things that can cause a back order from Midway to cancel. Like maybe your debit card expired. But I doubt that it was due to " busting open the cases and sell it at a higher prices" Have you asked them?
              It's all over the web that they are doing it. They whacked mine this week. Card expires in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                Might wanna check your spam folder. He has sent me 3 different emails about a 22lr backorder I have with them offering first dibs on some 22lr that might be a suitable "close second"... I accepted a couple of them and still have a backorder on some other stuff with them.
                Never got anything like this. Spam folder checked daily. Get regular emails from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                  What I find funny is some of the people always complaining about CTD are the same people saying oil prices need to stay high.
                  I respect a man who calls it like he sees it. Well said you just beat me to it>

Comment

email i received...

Eric,

Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, we have not been able to get the following product from the vendor:

Federal Champion Target Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 36 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point Case of 5250 (10 Boxes of 525)
                    Product #: 498162

From Invoice #21916013
                    Created on 12/18/2013
                    Card: Visa-***x
                    Card Expires: 08/31/2018

Please click the products above to see the current availability if you wish to order again. If you have any other backorders pending, please be sure you have a current, valid card with sufficient funds associated with the invoice.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and look forward to doing business with you in the future.

I have seen them sell this product in singe pack quantities since my backorder for the case was placed. Larry is in the same boat as CTD in my book now.

Comment

Pure speculation there.

Comment

It's all over the web that they are doing it. They whacked mine this week. Card expires in 2018.

It's on the Internet so it has to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Pure speculation there.
                          Speculation? It just happened to me. Cancelled my backorder for a case, but have sold single pack quantities since, and single pack quantities are listed on their site right now (limit of 2) for a higher price (out of stock of course because no 22LR last more than 5 mins under .08 a round). Yeah, speculation

Comment

Speculation? It just happened to me. Cancelled my backorder for a case, but have sold single pack quantities since, and single pack quantities are listed on their site right now (limit of 2) for a higher price (out of stock of course because no 22LR last more than 5 mins under .08 a round). Yeah, speculation

Yep speculation. You contend that they are breaking apart "bricks" and selling individual boxes. Do you REALLY think a place as big as Midway with a fully automated order filling system is doing this?

You do know that they actually make 50 round boxes, right?

Could it just POSSIBLY be that the manufacturers aren't packaging bulk packs but are packaging 50/100 round packs?

I know that's about all I can find in stock around here and I'm not interested in buying those.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Yep speculation. You contend that they are breaking apart "bricks" and selling individual boxes. Do you REALLY think a place as big as Midway with a fully automated order filling system is doing this?

You do know that they actually make 50 round boxes, right?

Could it just POSSIBLY be that the manufacturers aren't packaging bulk packs but are packaging 50/100 round packs?

I know that's about all I can find in stock around here and I'm not interested in buying those.
                              I didn't say they were breaking apart "bricks". One of my cancelled backorders was for a case of 10 Federal 525 bulk packs, 5,250 rounds. They still sell the 525 packs, but not in a case quantity. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/439...ProductFinding

Comment

can't stand them………but people keep doing business with them for some unknown reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X