Recommended ammo for AR10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended ammo for AR10?

I just recently got an AR10 off a guy here and am wondering what y'all like to shoot in yours? It's a DPMS gen II and can shoot .308 or 7.62x51 NATO. I'm planning on using it for hogs/deer. What's the best all around weight/brand/bullet type to use that isn't too expensive?

I went heavy grain 150 Remington UMC FMJ. I find they shoot and fly great in all conditions and on big boar [emoji203] hog shields, destroy them with outrageous penetration, controlled expansion and devastation internally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fusion

Comment

Good ole core lokts or Federal Fusion. That was a good deal on the DPMS.
        150-180 grain bullets.

Comment

Mine loves 168gr Winchester match... as in 1/2" 5-shot groups at 100yds. If only it was a good hunting round

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
            Good ole core lokts or Federal Fusion. That was a good deal on the DPMS.
            150-180 grain bullets.
            That it was. Thanks.

Comment

Any other recommendations out there? Thinking I might try out the 180 grain Remington CoreLokts and Federal Premium Power Shoks.

Comment

My Gen I DPMS shoots Hornady Superformance SST in 165GR. best. Both Whitetails shot with the rifle this year have been knocked down by it. One of them never moved again. The other got up and ran maybe 10 yards before going down for good.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                  My Gen I DPMS shoots Hornady Superformance SST in 165GR. best. Both Whitetails shot with the rifle this year have been knocked down by it. One of them never moved again. The other got up and ran maybe 10 yards before going down for good.
                  I'll have to check those out. Thanks.

Comment

168 TTSX. Hand rolled

Comment

Originally posted by jmw View Post
                      I'll have to check those out. Thanks.
                      Figured I would add that live weights on the two Bucks were 186lbs and 198lbs. So, not small bodied deer for Texas.

Comment

Working...
                      X