No announcement yet.

Size or number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantity. I've had two leases in the past and spotting any deer was rare. That sucked! Then started hunting Kerr County and got spoiled by the sheer number of deer and axis. I loved it! Watching deer even without flinging an arrow loose is way better than watching trees sway in the wind. Now I'm hunting Smith County. Missing hill country already

Comment

If I had to choose it would no doubt be quality. I have shot a lot of deer in the last 40+ years, so now I get very picky on what I shoot. Luckily, I have access to some places to hunt that provide both quantity and potential to shoot 140+ inch deer.

Comment

I like in between.

In our area we have somewhat of a low population in relation to close neighbors (within 15 miles etc). I like the lower feed bill and higher top end potential. I don't want to have to shoot and feed an over abundance of deer versus what our number of hunters needs are.

I do like taking the kids and knowing we will see some type of activity to keep them interested (and me as well lol).

Comment

Quantity especially if you take kids

Comment

Originally posted by Ragan.dale88 View Post
            Anyone have experience or know how the hunting will he in or around bowie tx? Just got a lease 12 miles south of bowie and I've never hunted that part of Texas before
            The lease is just 100 acres and is for next year. Just wanted a place of my own although I have no experience in that area nor do I know how the hunting will be

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

quantity for me. Unfortunately I have little of both.

Comment

Numbers numbers numbers.

Comment

Spent years in East Texas seeing very little but after several years of really putting our place together(feeding,food plots,sanctuaries etc...) we have had the best years ever these last few years. Deer every sit, sometimes it is just does or young deer but we are seeing stuff every sit. That said, I cant wait to find a place near Sonora.

Comment

Size or number?

As much as I’d like to kill a big deer before I die, I’m a quantity over quality guy mostly!

I’m the same way with fishing. I’ll take 25 whites over one 10# black any day!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Both would be awesome but if I have to choose I choose quality!

Comment

Quantity for me. I never have found a recipe that will make those horns taste good LOL

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                          Quantity for me. I never have found a recipe that will make those horns taste good LOL
                          But backstraps don't look good hanging on the wall either

Comment

I am an in-betweener, hunted in Refugio county most of my younger years, had opportunity to kill a few nice bucks and now live in the hill country and see a lot more deer but not quite the quality of the river bottom I hunted down south. I'm good with either and always expect something big is just in the brush about to come out. If I don't see a single deer, I still enjoy the experience. I guess it's what you really want, killing or hunting.

Comment

I love being able to shoot deer and other game with my bow, so I enjoy a target rich environment. I'm fortunate to have Quanity and Quality on my current low fence lease. I think it is definitely good to have quantity when hunting with your kiddos, as no game can lead to boredom for them, and boredom can lead to them not wanting to go out with me.

Comment

Let's just herd up all the deer in south & west TX and relocate them to east TX.

Comment

Working...
                                X