Why I’m leaving slicktrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bermise View Post
    The fact that the OP thinks this was a perfect shot, as well as a few others, is alarming.
    Noticed that too huh?

OP, just know that NOBODY is bashing you but PLEASE go read the thread on "The Deadly V".

Comment

Definitely strange. Not ideal shot placement, but it’s not terrible. Wouldn’t blame broadhead I don’t think. Just name her Cat and chalk it up as one of her lives has been used up.

Comment

I guess I don't see where op or others said it was a perfect shot.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          I guess I don't see where op or others said it was a perfect shot.

Post 11

“Pump area”

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Post 11

“Pump area”
            I thought he said that was the exit and the entrance was through the "pump area"?

Comment

Bottom line is you will not have any confidences shooting that broadhead, change it up.

Comment

Far from a perfect shot, but that should still be a dead deer. I have to wonder if the broadhead was dull. Had it been shot before or into a target without resharpening?

Comment

Quartering towards you are always a low margin shot. Obviously you didn’t hit any vitals.

I shot two pigs with the same broadhead without sharpening/replacing the blades, both dead, but they were shot in the deadly V, a stick will kill them if your shot placement is right.

Bit if you need to blame the broadhead, knock yourself out.

Comment

I didn't see where anyone claimed it to be a perfect shot. If the deer was quartering to and that is the exit, that deer should be dead. Not the best shot shot and not the broadheads fault. Deer only has 8 lives now. Maybe a big 2in mech would have worked.

Comment

Shoot a Sasquatch broadhead. It will look like a hatchet wound and it’s fixed so Iit cuts on contact.
                      I don’t care for sharp angle micro heads either.

Comment

Love Slick Tricks. You probably just hit the void.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Slick trick should leave the shooter.

There’s not a broadhead made that will compensate for poor shooting.
                          Agree

Comment

Strange she is still alive.
                            Not the head.
                            Should have clipped a lung if you were further forward on opposite side, and liver. Dang zombie deer

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                              I didn't see where anyone claimed it to be a perfect shot. If the deer was quartering to and that is the exit, that deer should be dead. Not the best shot shot and not the broadheads fault. Deer only has 8 lives now. Maybe a big 2in mech would have worked.
                              For that exit to be a “good shot” on a quarter toward deer the entrance would need to be in front of the shoulder blade on opposite side. (And it could be, I don’t know) people think deers lungs are far bigger than they are ( probably due to 3-D targets false representation)

I’ve made shot errors too. And if op wants to change from the #1 off the shelf Broadhead that’s no issue for me. But blaming this shot on a Broadhead..... please

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                                Bottom line is you will not have any confidences shooting that broadhead, change it up.
                                I agree, change to a broad head you can have confidence in on your next opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X