Trespasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trespasser

This isn't a hunter trespasser, just a normal one.

I have game cameras all over my land. I have a bunch of them that are just for security. I checked them last night to see what is going on and I saw a car trespassing. I live at a dead end. To get onto my land from there, you need to go through an open gate past an 18" wide NO TRESPASSING sign, down a dirt road through a pasture several hundred yards to the house. I have a picture of a car from 2:15pm Tuesday that pulled up to the dead end. Started to turn around, then decided they should go through my open gate, past my NO TRESPASSING sign and all the way to my house. The car turned around at the house and left. I have about 10 pictures of the car from all angles. There is a reflection, so I can't see the driver. It bothers me that someone would sit at the dead end and think about it before knowingly trespass. It was a girly car so my wife doesn't seem concerned. I am concerned because my wife was home and she didn't even notice.

It was a 2016 Honda Civic. It looks really nice. Should I be concerned? Could it be a scout for a thief? There were two vehicles home at the time so they just left. I guess this could be related to any possible thefts in the area.

To those of you that think it is no big deal because someone drove up my driveway. I have not had a single unknown person drive up my driveway since I put out my new cameras in June.

We are at a dead end road. We keep the gate closed and locked whether we are there or not. No need to leave an open invitation with an open gate

Comment

Scout I bet, lock your gate! Yes it is an inconvenience, but the alternative is.........another "thieves got me" thread.

Comment

Ounds like they might have been casing your place.

Comment

Might want to pass it on to local LEO

Comment

Probably just a kid. We don’t lock or close our gates and you’ll get the occasional vehicle, doesn’t bother me.

If they want to steal your stuff or shoot a deer, they’re going to do it regardless of the gate.

Comment

You never know what someone's intentions are and it's sad that most people have to worry about keeping everything locked up and out of site for fear of getting stolen. Better safe than sorry.

Comment

From experience I would call local Sheriff and get all information on record. Nothing much will be done other than that. Happens again then maybe start running plates and finding out where the individual lives. Sheriff won't do anything unless you catch the trespasser on your place and have them on site.

I took mine into my own hands and posted pics here. Luckily a member knew the truck that came through which was crazy. I took a name, looked up address and found where he lived. 2 wks later Sheriff roles in and a man hunt was on. Ends up a drug deal went down and had been going on for quite a while. My information reported was a tip and it all came together from there.

Your situation may be different but they could easily be scoping the place out.

Comment

People don’t just pull up and hang out on someone else’s property for no reason especially if it’s just one person.
                  I’d definitely report it and keep your head on a swivel otherwise you may be asking yourself why you didn’t take it more seriously. The type of car has nothing to do with the person’s motive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Personally, I have been in the position looking for friends homes, where I know they live at the end of a long driveway, and I have driven past the no trespassing sign only to find out it wasn't the right house. Done it for work too, if I know the site is behind a gate, but there may be two or three, and realize once I am in, it's the wrong one. Just turn around and head back out. Usually the LO understand, and point out the house I am looking for. Based on your description, sounds like someone who was lost more than anything.

I wouldn't worry about it, but might not hurt to contact sheriff just to see if there have been any issues near you lately.

Comment

We lock our gate, whether we are there or not, so they never know if we are there or not.

Comment

Google maps tried to take me down a private road once. We ended up at the right property but at the wrong side and gate. It showed the road going through the high fenced property as a public route.

Comment

Had something similar happen a few times. Installed gate opener.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

People are dumb and do get lost all the time looking for someone else's place.

Just saying.

But it is sad we have to be on our toes all the time.

Comment

One thing that also concerns me is that my neighbor 2 doors down just installed a crazy security camera system. I need to stop by and ask what caused him to install the system.

Comment

Working...
                              X