Grasshoppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grasshoppers

Does everyone have as many grasshoppers as I do at Round Mountain? I am planning on doing some plowing this weekend, but am apprehensive about planting for fear they will devour anything that comes up fresh. Is there anything that can be done to keep them off?

YUP! Thousands and Thousands of them throughout the pasture and around our protien feeder pens. I guess they like protien!

Comment

I'm loaded also in Cisco, Eastland Co. 3 weeks ago I shreaded and it looked like I was in a dust storm, but it was grasshoppers. Called the man at the chemical place where I get my fertilizer and asked what to do. He said you could spray, but if all of your neighbors did not, they would just come back. I've held off planting for at least 2 weeks longer than normal hoping it will get cooler and they will go away. But you are correct, they will mow down any new green growth.

Comment

They're thick in San Saba. Turkeys are seining 'em.

Comment

Tombstone. They be dead

Comment

I keep expecting some dude in a robe to come up to me out at my lease asking me to let his people go.

The tree I have a ladder stand in is almost bare. Suckers are chewing the leaves off of it.

Comment

Working...
            X